summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

hmmm

Will I ever be able to eat breakfast and drink my coffee without having to scurry politely to the bathroom afterward? I ordered just raisin toast and a cup of coffee at the diner this morning, sipped the coffee slowly, my poor tummy rumbled and threatened, but I was okay...it sure lessens the fun though!

Sonja K. went with me, she enjoyed some pancakes and orange juice. She ordered bacon too, but didn't want it. I tell you, I wanted to eat that bacon. But I dared not. It is one of those things I can't touch right now. Especially not in the morning. I wanted to tell her to put it in her napkin and at least bring it home to Rosie, but I am too nice to make a little girl carry bacon into the library, our next stop....

We brought home a mermaid movie from the library, and a few books for the little girls, along with a few for me. It was seriously relaxing to just wander around looking at books with just Sonja K.

Now we are home, the dentist appointment isn't for a few hours, and I am thinking...NAP. Oh, naps how I love you! And since Sonja is here, and Sam, and Margaret....I can! I reason that as long as I love naps, and have a good excuse to need them these days, I MAY AS WELL TAKE THEM!!!

Yes, there are a few things that I like about recovering from surgery. The Messy House Excuse, and the I Need A Nap Excuse. I just wish the other people who lived in this house would take up the slack more, but oh well. Perhaps I will write up a simple chore list for later...after my nap, that is...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes you will! But not for a few months. Make sure you aren't too far from a bathroom for quite awhile because when it hits it hits with a vengence! It's not fun! But it will eventually get better. It's been 8 months since I had mine out and it's gotten better. I still have boughts where it will hit me quickly though but not as often.