summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, February 2, 2012

surgery on valentines day??!

I think not. I opted for the next week. Lucky me, I get to get my gallbladder out. Just, "regular garden variety surgery", according to the nice surgeon. He did however acknowledge that he realizes that for ME it isn't such a simple thing. He said that since I have been so uncomfortable, I may have another big attack before I get it taken out, which sounds HORRID. He offered me a script for pain meds, just in case. I hesitated, then accepted, because I KNOW I would have another one if I didn't take it. It's just the way things work.

This surgeon also does lap band surgery. I wanted to ask him to do that too while he had me under. I told him how much weight I had lost, but that I hadn't lost much lately, and he asked me what was preventing me from reaching my goal. Hmm. Cookie dough? Seriously though, he reminded me that eating simple carbs would fuel my body, but eating more protein and less of the carbs would cause me to burn the fat instead. And that exercise is the key to getting that metabolism going. I do already know that. Knowledge is only useful when it is actually put to use, unfortunately.

What a day. Suzanne came down with a sudden horrible ear infection last evening and didn't sleep much last night. So instead of leaving Camille here with Joseph, I took her along for Suze's appointment with the pediatrician. She does indeed have a yucky ear, blistered and filled with fluid. Since the small city is 15 miles away, and my appointment was in less than two hours, it didn't make sense to go all the way home, then back to the city. So we went to Walmart. I got a mirror for Suzanne's room, some socks for her, and a basket to keep them in, along with her own laundry basket. I also got a mirror for the princesses, perhaps it will cut down on the smudges on the living room mirror.

After my appointment we went quickly into Wegmans, although I was grocery shopping just the day before yesterday. Grapefruit, oranges, bananas, pears, chicken, eggs, canned veggies, and frozen veggies.

Home. ahh, home. I never even finished my morning coffee today because when I called the dr. for Suze, they had an opening in less than an hour, which meant SCRAMBLE.

So here I sit with my coffee, relaxing and looking around at all the things I never got to today, listening to Camille whine, she is tired too. They are all home from school, and I am thinking Last Minute Chore List. I have to get some dinner into the oven, too, and I haven't exercised yet. Blah.

But I can't complain.

I will anyway though. I do not feel like exercising, I don't feel like making dinner. There, I feel better.

3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I thought about how strong you are while I was eating a cupcake after zumba LOL. I know you would have passed, you seem to withstand those temptations. Hey just think after you pee out all the fluids the pump into you before and during surgery, minus the gallbladder you should be down two pounds :-)

16 blessings'mom said...

Cindy...you went did Zumba??! That is so cool! I am too chicken, there is a class at the school, but I don't think I can do it yet. When I try to do the workout videos, I am always a few steps behind, and my kids laugh their heads off at me. And when the dr. told me yesterday that I would lose a few pounds because apparently removing the gallbladder causes excessive diarrhea for the first few weeks, I, like an idiot, said, "yay!"

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I look like a fool doing zumba. That is why I stand in the back of the room! Seriously. Its a ton of fun, you should try it.....take one of the big kids with you.