summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 20, 2012

under the knife!

i am smart now. My new reading glasses made me smart. Actually, I don't know how I lived without them. Everything is so clear now!
Miss Charlotte Claire is so pretty.

So..tomorrow morning, my gallbladder surgery. Yes, I have heard it is an easy surgery. Does that make me not have the jitters? ha. Right now I am planning what I shall eat between now and midnight, since I can't eat in the morning. I already had some Goldfish crackers, which I do not eat anymore. Salty, carb-y, blah. But they were pretty yummy. I am thinking of a piece of toast with peanutbutter. I don't eat bread these days, as a general rule, so it sounds good.

Anyway, just because I have heard this surgery is easy, doesn't mean it sounds easy to me. I hate when they put that mask over my face and tell me to relax...I hate being in the hospital, I hate wearing those gowns, I hate being poked and prodded and asked how much I weigh. I hate the knowledge that they are going to make some holes in me. And the bad thing is, I keep thinking how funny it would be if I told the dr. that I doubt he will be able to drill through my abs of steel.. ha. I hope I don't get nervous and really say it...

So, our hotel trip: fun...really fun. But...the pool was so cold and crowded! I love kids, but jeepers, most of those kids were just plain crazy! Their nice little soccer moms were sitting around the pool chatting, staying dry and looking smart in their nice little sweaters, then I come in in my lovely brown swimdress with aqua polkadots, with MY BOOTS ON, because I so smartly forgot my flip-flops. I was the absolutely ONLY adult in the pool. I got kicked and splashed, and there was no room to swim, and the hot tub was Out Of Order. My girls got in for like two minutes, decided it was too cold, and got back out.

Our breakfast this morning was interesting. The fresh fruit was yummy, the omelet was not yummy, I ordered it with no cheese, I just don't like cheese, (not even Whinsleydale?)...and it was really cheesey. So I had bacon and yogurt and fruit. The coffee was really good, Starbucks.

We went to the big mall. I wandered into The Disney Store...oh what fun! A nice guy gave me a 25% off coupon, then I found Flynn Ryder from Tangled for $10! With the coupon, that was $7.50! My little girls have wanted that guy for so long! So, since I felt a huge guiltfest for leaving them home in the first place, I bought them each one. I then got Jonny a $6 sweatshirt from P.S kids, or whatever the Aero store for kids is called. I got away relatively cheaply today, I do not like malls.

Then to Target...I got myself a few tops for spring, on sale of course. I had a coupon for $10 off a $75 purchase, and somehow magically my girls found things to put in the cart! A few pairs of 70% off jeans, some marked down undies, a space heater for Mali, and voila! I could use the coupon!

McDonalds drivethrough for cones and fries for them, coffee and a parfait for me. Home...wait, the library. I got two books, and a stack for Joseph. Then home...ahh, I missed Jonathan and the princesses. They were SO happy about their Flynns.

Now it is quiet, Evelyn is still up, reading one of my library books, Rosie is in her cage, and I am going to go make that toast...

7 comments:

16 blessings'mom said...

Repenting here! No offense about the soccer mom comment. What i should explain is that my girls were feeling selfconscious in their suits, so i dug into my non existant well of confidence, prayed for the millionth time to be FREE from fear of man, of what others think. Only then could i be a good example to them. Walking into that pool area in my boots was a fight of faith.

Archer's Mum said...

that picture of you with your glasses looks great- i actually thought it was one of your daughters!!!

Martha said...

You are the best mom in the entire world!

Praying for your surgery this morning and imagining you in a bathing suit and boots. I know they were probably winter boots, but I'm imagining cowboy boots anyway. :)

Whinsleydale? You forgot the crackers!

Angela said...

I will be praying for you as you have your surgery. Even "minor" surgery is a major event in a person's life and can be so stressful. I hope that you will allow yourself the time to heal afterwards and let your family take care of you which I'm sure they will do. Praying that the surgery successfully relieves your pain and that you're feeling wonderful very soon! XOXO

Kim said...

I was going to call you last night but it was late, and now it's too early. And since I can't text you.....I'll post here and let you know (and hope you read this before you leave) I'm thinking of you this morning. Call me if you need anything.

ccc said...

lol on the soccer mom comment and then your repentance!!! I so get it. I am very very proud of you for waking in there with your suit and boots on--those soccer moms could NEVER do that! And, really that is the type of mom our girls really want. Once my oldest daughter told me that she was glad I was a "mommmy-type mom" and not one who cared more about themself. Not to say those soccer moms think that.

We are going on a girl weekend this weekend--they are in a dance competition.

ccc said...

oops! I originally was going to comment and tell you good luck for tomorrow's surgery, but I got sidetracked about the soccer moms! LOL
praying for you today and tomorrow for peace and a great recovery.