summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 30, 2012

a few more of my favorite things...

Miss Camille, sweeter than ever. She was cold, so she layered her jammies. She woke me at 5 this morn to tell me she had a bad dream. I gave her a hug and told her to go back to bed, nice mom that I am. Of course I felt a little guilty, then couldn't fall back to sleep. Paul got up soon after that, so I just got up and took Suri outside. Suri was a wide awake puppy, wanting to play, and go back outside every little while. I decided I may as well drive Sam to work and save him the bike ride, I was up anyway. At 7:15, no kids were up yet, Suri settled down for a nap, so I stretched out on the couch, and took a nice little nap...

I asked her what her bad dream was about..."Mama, you got on a bus and left and never came back! Your hair was wet and you were in your nightgown, and you had a backpack! Oh Mama, now I am making myself cry!". She is so cute and hilarious and sweet, and she did indeed start to cry when she told me about it. I told her I would never ever do that. But I wonder if it is a anxiety dream about going to school...

Sonja K. read a story to baby Davian when he came to visit us yesterday. He is a joy!

Charlotte Claire took this picture of Jonathan.

Suri, of course!

Camille and I this morning, my nap didn't much good...I feel rather groggy still.

Kittens! She had three. It was magical to watch. She was a trooper, and didn't mind us there at all! Even the two little girls came in and had front row seats as the last one was born. I have a new respect for Mama Kitten, she is so good with her babies. Jonathan could sit and watch those kittens all day long. He makes sure Mama gets her food and water, and the door stays shut so Suri doesn't terrorize them.

And, since I spent my morning doing things like showering kids and washing dishes and doing laundry and taking a puppy out, it is already almost noon, and here I sit, finishing my first coffee. I am heading out to buy lots of Snapple and Gatorade and Coke and Pepsi and Mountain Dew and water bottles for next week's conference at church. Never a dull moment....













1 comment:

Martha said...

I loved having kittens in the house. Soon "Little Cat" will be 12 years old. Can't believe it's been that long since she and her 6 litter mates were born. It will only get "funner" as they grow. :)