summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 8, 2012

we don't even have a whole couch...

said Sam. The couch monster hasn't been a big issue here lately, but. It HAS come back. Small, but...mostly the little girls who get out clothes, change clothes, go swimming, get on different clothes. The living room gets straightened up, their clothes go in a pile on the couch. rrr. I know, I know, as the Mom and Person Responsible For Keeping The House Clean, I should be on top of these things. ha.

Anyway, summer is here. The kitchen is open 24/7. The pool is open. The towels are hanging out on the deck. I slept in a bit, then got up and walked down the road. New wildflowers are blooming, there are still Tiger Lillies, but now there are those lovely cornflowers coming up on the sides of the road. I surprised a bunch of wild turkeys as I passed through the woods this morning, they hustled off into the trees as I stopped and watched. Yesterday I was hustling up the Evil Hill and not paying attention to anything in particular, and as I reached the top, there were three deer, as surprised to see me as I was to see them. They hurried off into the meadow, but it was SO cool to see them up close like that.

I saw a nice low number on the scale yesterday, one that I have not laid eyes on in many moons, since Benjamin was a baby...and he is 23. I did jump up and down! Then...we went to a wedding yesterday...a friend from church, a young man who was born a few days after Abigail, who has 13 siblings and grew up with my kids. The reception was at a beautiful place up on Lake Ontario...and the food was divine. Prime Rib and real mashed potatoes. Hot fresh bread with butter, salad, and yellow squash/broccoli/zuchini. I should have avoided the bread and potatoes, I usually do...but...I didn't. We didn't stay for cake though. Which is a good thing, I probably would have had a piece. Who can resist wedding cake? Anyway, it was a lovely wedding, the bride and groom were radiant...so young and sweet.

Lazy. That's how I feel today. It is noon, and I just ate my bacon and eggs a few hours ago, the princesses are going to have Second Breakfast. I love summer. The tone here is Low-Key. We stay up too late and sleep too late, (ha, I TRY to sleep too late).

I love summer.







3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

yay on the numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing the Della Skinny Happy Dance!

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you Cindy! I feel like this body of mine is just one big guessing game, and I rejoice over every lost ounce. Thank you for cheering me on, it makes it fun!

Mike and Katie said...

The couch monster...I always think I should be doing less laundry in the summer because the clothes are smaller. Wrong! Every time we go outside the girls get filthy so we average three clothing changes a day when we're having fun.