summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 26, 2012

hmmm

Am I at loss for words? Impossible!!! Not me! I have a million things to say! Yet, this fine morning, my fingers have been hesitating above the keyboard, typing a few things then hitting the "backspace" button...

I was going to write a post titled, "I am not a bitch", but decided that I am not ready to write that word on my blog, except for to say what I was going to write about.

I was going to write about the dream I had last night...that I saw an angel, and I knew it was my time to die. No one else saw it, and I was scared. I felt an urgent need to repent, and what did I repent of? Rosie. Putting Rosie down. I was crying and explaining myself, and saying how sorry I was. blah. I guess I am not over it yet. My rational mind says it was the right thing to do, but I miss her big fluffy clumsy hugs!

I was going to write about how busy the next few weeks will be as I prepare our family for Summer Conference at church, and buy food for the grill, food and soda and candy, and make sure we have all the sno cone supplies. Any organized mom would be getting things ready now, but ha, I never said I was organized. I do better last minute.

I want new sneakers. Benjamin and Ashley gave me a gift card for my birthday, which I wish they wouldn't do, they shouldn't be giving me gifts...but it was nice of them, and they were thinking I might want new sneakers. I do, I do! I would never have believed a few years ago that the thought of light blue Reebok trainers would make my heart race!

Kitty Kitten is still pregnant, longest kitty pregnancy ever. I keep checking to see if those babies are still fighting around in there, and they are. She is so funny, lying on the floor, not worried a bit about Crazy Suri. Oh, did I mention our sweet little puppy is turning crazy? That Lab puppy craziness, you know, jumping and biting on the girls' skirts, grabbing things and running away with them, and she eats ANYTHING. Anything? Yes, anything. (Cat and The Hat movie). Sticks, tissues, crayons, leaves...and the other day, she ate a mouse. Yes, she ate it, one that the kitties had so nicely left for us on the front sidewalk. It was hanging out of her mouth, that little tail...and blah, gobble and crunch, she ate the whole thing. blah. Good thing she has had heartworm medicine. blah. The worse thing was that I was certain...nevermind. I won't talk about it. But she kept it down, as far as I know.

So. The joy of having pets. The other day I mentioned how sick and tired I was of cleaning up puppy messes. She is like a little pee machine! You can take her outside, and ten minutes later, she goes again behind my chair! If we catch her going, we say no and rush her outside, praising her to the hills when she goes out there.

I know it will happen, she will get it, this will all become a vague memory. But in the mean time, I am getting sick of it!

Camille came and got into bed with me this morning because Char was still sleeping and she didn't want to wake her up. It was nice. Their sweet little cousin Danielle was going to spend the night last night. They had three Nests set up on their bedroom floor, and were all excited about the whole thing. They fell asleep, my two girls. Danielle did not fall asleep. She wanted her Mommy. We tried a few things, Margaret sang her to sleep but she woke when Marg tried to sneak out...Suze told her stories, she wouldn't stop crying. So...I offered to take her home. Home she went. I told her we could try again next year when she is eight years old. I thought she maybe was just a tad too young, but they were so excited about it. Oh well.

Camille just said, "I had a hard day, Mom." She is having a battle with Char with a particular dollhouse baby. A war, really.

No, there's never a dull moment around here. Never. But that's okay. I think some are coming soon, when the nine school kids get on the buses, and the four college kids go out the door and I am here with kittens and cats and the dog....hmm, maybe not.


























3 comments:

Mrs Marcos said...

Just some puppy advice, feel free to disregard since it is probably tiresome to have "helpful" unasked for internet advice all day long!!

We trained a puppy (8 years ago, he is a Lab/Border Collie mix)and one of the most helpful tips we came across was keep that puppy attached to you with a leash at all times (not YOU necessarily, other people can hold the leash too). At first I thought that was a cruel idea and didn't do it for our puppy and he kept going potty where he shouldn't and getting into things. At our wits end we asked the puppy preschool teacher and she asked us "Would you let a toddler wander around the house unattended?" After that we kept his leash clipped to our belt and things were much easier!

16 blessings'mom said...

Nah, I won't disregard this advice! Our pup is confined to just the kitchen/living room, we try to keep the hall blocked off and if she gets through or tries to, we know she has to go, so take her outside quickly. She sleeps alot, but as soon as she gets up and yawns, we take her out. I think what you are saying makes perfect sense, and I am going to try it because she seems to go under our radar and sneak in those little piddles. Thank you!

Mrs Marcos said...

I hope it helps...you won't like my other suggestion...it involves adopting another dog!!! :)

(And oh what a sweet girl she was, Miss Stella. She whipped that puppy into shape within a week. She passed away 2 years ago and he's still lost without her.)