summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 27, 2012

a few of my favorite things....

Kitty Kitten, or as I call her now, "Mama Kitty", even though those kittens are still in there kicking around.

Kitty likes being around us, she is a People Cat. She purrs when we rub her tummy, but she is a funny cat. When she doesn't want to be bothered, she will bite. Not hard, but with no warning, no growls ever, or scratching....she just bites. It is really kind of funny. It means Leave Me Alone Now.

Miss Char with her dollhouse campsite.


Miss Camille..

Pumpkin muffins! My absolute favorite, made by tweaking Mirielle's favorite cheaty recipe...she takes a box of yellow cake mix, mixes in a large can (30 ounces) of pumpkin, and some spices. All done! I used a box of carrot cake mix, and also added two eggs, just for the heck of it, and used lots of pumpkin pie spice. They are incredible, moist and dense and yummy. I put them in the oven before my walk this morning, and when I got home, there was coffee, and the house smelled like heaven.

Suri...sweetness...

Those are a few of my favorite things. I can also add:

Paul. He is coming home tonight.

The pool. I didn't think to take a picture of it, but it is crystal clear, and just the right temperature. I love love love going out for a swim, it is good exercise, and it is fun to be with the kids in there, even though they are such splashers. Camille can swim without a floatation vest now, she can swim right across that pool.

Library books. I have read three this week.

A clean house. I plan to attain this today, as I like to have the place nice when Paul returns from a trip. Not just because it will be nice for him, but to make it look like I didn't read three library books while he was gone.

Sleeping in. I love sleeping in until I wake up naturally. It is yummy and delicious, and after so many years of being starving for sleep, I SO appreciate a good night's sleep.

And since these are just a FEW of my favorite things, I shall be done with my list.














































1 comment:

T.L. said...

oh that description of coffee and muffins after a nice morning walk.. sounds like a piece of heaven! :)