summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 2, 2012

vacation, ha

Now, I can't complain, but I will anyway. No, I will just MENTION a few things, just for the record. I had to get up at 6:30 this morning to bring Sam to his new summer job. He does have a spankin' new bike, but I thought I would drive him the first day. So I got up, found out Pup had peed twice in the kitchen, and off we went.

Home, took Pup around the yard, brought her in and found her a plastic banana to chew on while I washed up some dishes...the phone rang. I don't know about you, but my heart just drops when the phone rings so early in the morning...it was Sam. Mom? Yes, what's wrong. Nothing, we just don't start 'til next week. Can you come get me. blah, of course.

So off we went, Pup and I.

Now Sam is home, I am having my coffee after being up for two hours, Pup is taking a morning nap under the kitchen table.

She doesn't like the crate yet. She was with Mali for most of the day yesterday, so I didn't get to try to get her used to it. My plan is to put treats in there and put her in there several times today. When I put her in there last night, she just barked her cute little head off....so I took her out, yes, I know, bad, but it was at night and everyone was in bed, and she was barking. I did tell her calmly to stop it, and when she did, I took her out. Yeah, so I have to get her to like it in there during the day a bit....

I know I have my work cut out for me.

We had a nice day at the beach again yesterday. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I wasn't able to go swimming. But, I decided yesterday that I was NOT going to complain about anything. For like the millionth time in my life. When I am thankful all the day long for each and everything that happens, then it blesses those around me too. When I have that mind to be thankful, then when spills and messes and accidents happen, of course I am not thankful for the mess, but...I can see that God has plans for me, and to learn patience and goodness in these little trials is a win-win situation for all of us.

At the beach, I saw lots of parenting going on. ...I saw one family/group with lots of adults, lots of kids...and when I walked by I was totally appalled by the bad language being thrown around by the adults...I mean, must you describe everything as "effin" this, and "effin" that? Seriously? No wonder so many teenagers don't even cringe at swearing in front of adults, they grew up with it. When I was young, we would use swear, but not in front of adults.

Anyway, I also noticed that parents don't seem to know at all what to do with their kids. I hate hearing, "Do want me to just leave you here?!"

Oh, I don't mean to be judging, I don't know what to do half the time either, and like I tell the older kids, it is a good thing to know you lack wisdom, because when one is in need and asking God for help, one WILL get help.

Mali is babysitting this summer. She told me the other day that she keeps finding herself praying for patience. I was like jumping up and down inside. I told her that was fantastic! Because: Mali sees that it is HER that needs patience. She realizes that it isn't the child that needs to change. I really encouraged her to keep praying, and then asked her if she thought all the other people who watched this little girl in the past had been praying too, or if they just thought the little girl is "difficult", and left it at that. hmm. The little girl IS a bit challenging, she has some issues, but she is very sweet, and I do love her. She is very affectionate and loves attention. She has a very short attention span, and needs continuous positive re-inforcement.

Anyway, it is summertime, glorious weather, Paul is on vacation...life is good. Filled with trials, but good.




































1 comment:

WicketsMom said...

Good luck with the crate. Our lab puppy HATED hers. We used it when we were gone to protect her and our house, but any time you put her in it she would bark and bark. Now that she is bigger (she's six months) we just leave her in the backyard with our adult lab when we're gone. They have a doggie-door to get into the sunroom and a nice fenced-in yard to play in and dig lots of holes. At night she sleeps on the floor by our bed. The nice new crate is now folded up and stored in garage!