summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 21, 2012

oops, I forgot to blog today!!!

Why is summer so busy? Perhaps because of the extra work with all the kids home, perhaps because I lie in bed 'til 8 or nine, perhaps because I sit on the deck in the sun talking to my sister on the phone like there is nothing else in the world going on around here. Perhaps it is because I took four daughters to the library, Target, Price-Chopper, and Mc'D's today....(Mc'D's for coffee for me, iced teas for them...oh, and one 20 piece nuggets...I had only two. Had to slap my own hand, but I endured).

Home...My niece's daughter Grace is here, the little girl Mali babysits for was here, and Jonathan's friend Toby was here. Dinner: hot dogs on the grill, mac and cheese from the box, and tossed salad with cukes and tomatoes. I skipped the dogs and the mac and cheese, had some leftover steak and salad. A few Hershey Kisses after dinner, with a handful of cherries, and I am done eating for today. I did quite well. phew. It is hard to be in that strict mindset...it gets tiring, and food is so good!

Anyhoo...Suri is doing well. She is so funny and cute and sweet and happy. My heart is still breaking from losing Rosie though. I took my walk this morning and wah, my hand was empty. I am totally not kidding when I say it crossed my mind to just bring a leash...I miss her so much. Even though she was such a Bad Dog. She loved me. I know she did. I certainly loved her. Suri thinks walking on a leash is a big joke. She is doing better, but is nowhere near doing a mile+ walk yet. She is so smart though - she sits on command, and fetches, although she doesn't always bring the stuff back. I tell the kids to ALWAYS have her sit before petting her. I do not like a jumping dog. She loves her tummy rubbed, and as soon as I get her to sit and start petting her, she rolls right over.

Paul is coming home tonight! It has been lonely without him, lonely here with all these kids, ha, but still, he is my friend and I miss him when he is gone. He will be home for the weekend, then gone again all next week. I stocked up on library books so I can lie in bed and read all night...ha, doesn't sound too bad!

No comments: