summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 18, 2013

friday friday friday!!!

Evelyn thought Suri would look nice in Camille's hat.

Charlotte Claire, Jonathan, Camille...out of warm cozy beds and off to school in the snow.

I find it hard to say goodbye to them in the morning, but shh, especially Miss Camille...


looking out back.

Bye, Jon!

Bye, Char...

Good thing I have Sui so I don't get lonely.

Yesterday's outing was even better than I thought it would be. Em was brilliant in her radio interview. On our way there, we stopped in Lowe's and found some clearanced area rugs, so I got a new one for one of the kids' rooms. I bought paint for the princesses' room, and a new light fixture for my room. We were trying to move right along, but Emily and I both get easily distracted. I am attracted to the nice storage systems, and some of those light fixtures would really look nice in here. Emily found two really nice baskets for $3.47 each to go with the "new" desk she just bought on Craigslist.

Then to DunkinDonuts for coffee, as our trip was another hour from there. Driving through the snowy hills with a steaming large coffee, with Emily...

We got there a bit early, so we stopped at a funky little restaurant downtown. We shared a Buffalo chicken salad and some...fries. Chopped up right there in front of us, from fresh 'tatoes. Salted and peppered, served on a large sheet of white paper....oh dang, they were good. I know, I know. But. Anyways. They WERE good. Then....after the interview, we walked around that freezing cold downtown...and spied a WAFFLEHOUSE. Now, Emily doesn't struggle with her weight, so for her to suggest waffles is quite fine. Since this was HER birthday outing, I wasn't going to disapoint her. No sir. I know, I know. Waffles! of all things. Super carbs! We ordered one twin and shared...drizzled with real melted butter, warm Belgium chocolate sauce, and fresh sliced strawberries. I was glad we ate them on the road because all I wanted when I was done was another one.

And no, the day wasn't All About The Food. We talked about important things like how to educate people on end of life decisions, and our favorite flavors of coffee shots. She says the cinnamon at Starbucks is the best. I have not yet tried it.

So...I haven't accomplished too much around here today. I was going to go shopping with Kim, but it didn't work out for her. I worked out and took a shower. I matched some socks, did some laundry, washed counters and washed dishes. I cleaned up some toys, straightened the little girls' room, and took Suri out a few times.

My days and weeks are going by tooo fast!!! Slow down, life! Ah well, nothing I can do about it but enjoy it as much as I can, and be good. Being good doesn't help it slow down, but it does help make it meaningful.

Wow, the sun is shining on the snow! I don't like it, it is saying loud and clear, "Wash these windows! There is dust everywhere!"

We are having some cold weather here in New York state. The high today: 24 degrees. Next week we might experience negative seven. brr!!!

Anyway...off I go. Places to go and people to meet, or something like that.















No comments: