summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 7, 2013

saying goodbye is never fun...


Benjamin, my dear oldest son....isn't he handsome? This was taken in Emily's house. I didn't get any of him saying goodbye last night because my eyes were too tear-y. I know, I can talk to him on the phone. Text him. But wah. That last goodbye hug...wah.

They were in Indiana already this morning, Ben and Ashley and their Border Collie Baxter. If you see them, say hello and tell them mama misses them already. Tell them that when Suri barked this afternoon when I was working out, I thought, "Oh, Baxter's here to play with Suri!", then I remembered. They left. If you see them, tell them the time went too fast, and that a year is too long to wait to see them again. Tell Ben how proud I am of him, because I was too embarrassed to say it when he was here. But I am. He is a good boy. When he and Ashley walked into church yesterday and he sat there and paid attention, bearing no resemblance to the teenager he was with headphones and The Attitude, I was proud of him. Thankful for him. Thankful that he has chosen to be good.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Ah they grow up so fast!

Cassandra said...

You must be so proud of him Della :-)