summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 17, 2013

yippee, it's a fun day!!!!

Today...oh what fun, I am going on an outing with Emily. Now since tomorrow is Emily's birthday (28th)(which if you do the math, has me at five years old when she was born...)Anyway, I shall brag about Emily just a little bit. Em has always been a sunshine, with her blonde hair and big bright eyes. She gave up taking naps when she was two, but she would stay on the couch or in her bed with a stack of books. By the time she was four, she could tell time and even wake me up at a certain time if I fell asleep with the baby. I read the whole, "Little House" series to here before she started school, and the big hardcover book, "A Little Princess", was her favorite. We didn't have a television in those years (not until Margaret was a year old, so 15 years ago we got one). So Emily read. She also wrote stories. She did well in high school, graduating third in her class. But the thing I like the most about her is that she is fun! She has inherited from me, and her Gramma before her, the ability to enjoy life. She doesn't get stressed about the details. Fretting about tomorrow is not in her vocabulary. She isn't irresponsible, not at all. She just has that calm spirit about her. She is also a giver. She has a decent job, but she doesn't store up treasures for herself. She blesses her brothers and sisters, and the other kids in the church. Of course we know that when one gives, one receives, so she is a very blessed girl.

But my favorite thing about her is that she is fun. She stops to smell the roses, she lives each day to it's fullest.

And today, we are going on an adventure. We are stopping at Lowes first for some things for her house, then off we go to that small city an hour south of here, so she can have her radio interview. Then we shall go out to lunch. I feel like a little kid on Christmas! This morning while I washed up some dishes, I started thinking of some phone calls I have to make, things I have to take care of...and I WiLL take care of them. But not today. Today is a fun day.

1 comment:

Chet and Ashley said...

Happy birthday to your Emily! She sounds wonderful, and I love how you bragged on her...