summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 31, 2013

my little post-op patient...



When Jonathan ran in the door from activity club last night, he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Miss Suri's shaven backside and big incision. But she was lying there wagging that tail so hard, and looking at him with total adoration. He dropped to the floor and kissed her and pet her and made her so happy. The little girls were also a bit taken aback, but at least they are big enough to know to just pet her head and not bump into her.

I carried her down the front steps to go outside this morning, and she is one heavy dog! She can hobble on three legs once she is up, but it tired her out. I carried her back up the steps, she ate a little bit of her kibbles, drank some water, and walked back to her bed. I tried to help her but she settled down NEXT to the bed. Then it was time for her pills....she just swallowed them right down with a few treats, phew. It took her quite a while to stop shaking after being up and about, so I settled down next to her and pet her for a while until she fell asleep.

Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille convinced me to picke them up early from school today (ten minutes early) so they can go to the mall with Joseph, Samuel, Evelyn, and I...Joe and Sam have appointments with the eye dr, and I have to go along and make sure they get glasses that are within the insurance coveage. Evelyn has to go because we are stopping at the library. And that is all the kids that will fit, unless we take the huge van, and there is snow in the forecast...in fact our nice 60 degrees from yesterday is gone and there is snow blowing in the wind right now.

Emily Anne is stuck in New York City. She is headed down to Florida to visit Gramma and Grampa for a few days, but her flight to Tampa has been cancelled. Plane problems. She is getting a later flight, but says she is enjoying "sitting there vegging". Grampa isn't doing well. He took a turn for the worse yesterday and had to go back to the hospital. He may have had a silent heart attack, and has some other things going on that aren't great. But at 86, surgery isn't a wise option, especially with some of the issues he has. I am so glad I visited him earlier in the month, and wish I could go back down right now to be with my mother-in-law. But I can't, and am glad Emily is headed that way.

The wind is howling around the house, blowing at 30 mph, with 50 to 60 mph gusts. That is windy!

I am glad to be home right now, home with sleeping Suri, and Sonja-The-School-Skipper. She as been moody and needs some time with me, hence the horrible headache she said she had when I tried in vain to get her out of her comfy bed.

Yesterday I did lots of housework, and it actually looked nice in here. Where, oh where, did it all go?



1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I am LOL at the "where did the nice house go" as I sit here with laundry all over. I have people coming to my house tonight and I feel like I need a nap that I do not have time for. ggrrrrr