summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 1, 2016

and so ends another lovely sunday....


Rain? What rain? I have to remind myself this: I will not melt. The walks are so necessary! I can think about things, and breathe the country air, and when the evil hill is difficult, I KNOW I need to tackle it every day so that it loses some of it's evil.

We made Chinese food today using chicken we cooked yesterday. Evelyn chopped cabbage, onions, green peppers, and sauteed in olive oil with salt and pepper. I deboned the chicken breast, and chopped it up. Evelyn boiled pasta, drained it, and added it to the cabbage mixture, along with soy sauce and sugar, with some seasonings. We made a pan of basmati rice with butter, too. We heated the chicken in olive oil, then added orange ginger sauce. Okay, it wasn't as yummy as takeout, because the chicken wasn't battered, but it was good, and way more healthy. We had it as a big late lunch, and sat at the table and solved the world's problems for a while. Dinner was therefore just random snacks. Camille had an apple dipped in caramel, and some pretzels, and some granola, for example. We had some 10 calorie jello, and I had pistachio nuts. I am not hungry right now, but I want to eat something...but I won't.

The kittens, oh our dear little kittens...we only have one left now.

Two nice people came here today and each took one kitten. Our friend Adrian took one last night, so one little kitten awaits her new home with one of Suzanne's friends. Phew, we successfully navigated having cute kittens and not keeping one. I really really wanted one, and honestly, one of the older girls cried when one of the orange tigers left today. You do get attached, and they are so darling.

So I'm spending too much time googling things to do in Paris...we only have on afternoon/evening there, so I'm thinking this: a glimpse of the Eiffel tower, and a picnic somewhere...a bottle of wine and some good bread, or maybe a fresh crepe.

Anyway...tomorrow is Monday, and let's be thankful to wake up, and be alive, and have the day...no grumbling!

No comments: