summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

croissants...


I won't melt in the rain, right? So I walked to town this morning, to the grocery store again. I HAD to, I needed more chocolate. No, I didn't eat all of what I bought yesterday, but the one I did eat was too wonderful, wonderful enough to walk 2 and a half miles for. It really poured on the way back, but I didn't melt!

I was soaked to the skin though. I had to change my clothes before I lounged around all afternoon...then I decided to go for adventure #2...which was walk to town a different way, and this time, I had a place in mind...the boulangerie, which is of course one of the first words I learned. I also learned how to say, "Deux croissant, s'll vous plait." Yes, that number is two, which is too many croissants for one lady for lunch, but you know...I'm in France.

The sun is out now, but I have walked four and a half miles today, so I am resting with the window wide open...no screens here! I am also drinking coffee, and eating croissants.

I met a friend! Her husband is working here too, she's from Louisiana, and is super nice and easy to talk to. We walked together yesterday, she is expecting her first baby, and was looking for a place to have lunch. Well, here in France, that's not so easy. The restaurants close at 2:00, and open again later. So we found a place that was open, went in and ordered water, then found out they weren't serving food. They negotiated and offered one sandwich from the menu, which wasn't something she could eat, she's gluten free. We ended up at the grocery store, ha.

This has been a good trip in so many ways. Paul worked late last evening, but when he got here, we had to decide what to do for dinner...and ha, we decided...grocery store! Salami, fresh rolls, cheese, a bottle of wine...mmmm. We drove around the country side a bit, it's so lovely, the roads are narrow and twisty, and the cows are grazing...the towns are so old, and it's just cool to be here. We're having a good time together, we needed this. I am a very lucky girl.

No comments: