summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

coffee and no cookies....


As per Sonja's birthday request: chocolate chip cookies with pink frosting. I also made a huge cookie, which hasn't been cut into yet...I baked all of the triple batch of dough yesterday instead of refrigerating some and baking it in intervals, which translates into "kids eating refrigerated cookie dough like there's no tomorrow".

And I didn't have a single bite. Not a lick of dough, not a chocolate chip. Do I win a prize? Do I automatically lose 10 pounds? Nope. But the kids sure liked them, and Sonja was pleased.

Our living room is still in gym mode, the furniture moved out of the way and the floor covered in mats. Miss Char is in gymnastics heaven.

I need to go shopping today. We are running out of milk and bread and cheese and yogurt and bananas and apples and fresh veggies. We need groceries for when I'm gone, and I need things to bring with me like nuts and bars and maybe some beef jerky.

So I'm going to cut some coupons, get these guys moving on some school work, then go out and about so I can come home and see this sweetie:

Miss Lydia Eleanor! She's been on vacation with her mommy and daddy in Myrtle Beach, so we have missed her! I was in D.C. when she was here least, so it's been a while. I have another granddaughter, out on the west coast, Miss Anya Jade, she is adorable. She is coming on an airplane this summer to visit us, and mmm, I can't wait! One of the things I envision someday: a grandchild coming in the door and racing to see Grammy. But for now, I have my other little friends...my sister's grandchildren are huggy and sweet too.

Anyway...today I need to go out and about...I have things to return to Target, and maybe look for a jacket...I want a rain coat with a hood that is small, doesn't wrinkle, and isn't huge or too small...thankfully my mother-in-law gave me some really comfy sneakers when we visited her in Florida. I am definitely bringing them to France. She also gave me some comfy sandals, which I need to wear for a bit to see if they STAY comfy, before I pack them. I haven't packed yet, haven't even decided what suitcase/s to bring.

Anyway...now I need to cut some coupons.

2 comments:

Martha said...

You are strong and brave.
:0)

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh I wish I were strong and brave, ha. Those cookies are calling my name all day, but as a self-professed sugar addict trying to break the cycle, I know I can't have "just a bite". Besides, I still have like 48 pounds to lose before I go to France...on Saturday. :)