summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 5, 2016

rain rain go away....


This is my thoughtful blogging face, with my four year old glasses on. The new ones should come in next week, and yay, should work a little better, as these old ones are getting blurry, ha.

It's not raining right now, but the weather forecast for our small town in France, well...rain. I hoped it would change, and maybe it still will, but when I checked Monday, it made me decide to order a new jacket from Target. The estimated arrival date was next Monday, and we leave for France on Saturday...then I checked this morning, and yay, my jacket is coming today! Because rain or shine, I am not going to sit in my hotel room all day while Paul is at work.

Davian is here playing with the kitten. Joseph is making a second pot of coffee, and Kathryn is doing laundry. The little girls had a surprise sleepover at their big sister Emily's house last night. Em is done with classes for the summer, but is teaching a nursing class once a week. She is very busy now trying to garden and landscape, and putter around her house, work on catering a few events.

This afternoon I have to bring Evelyn in for a check-up so she can get working papers, she is applying for a summer job. She has been learning to drive, and is taking her driving test next month, along with Kathryn. While we're out, we might check out the thrift store, Evelyn loves browsing with me.

Abigail is texting me from Norway, and my brother is stopping over for a visit and to get a cooler I borrowed a while ago...so off I go...:)

2 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

We are playing for rain here in Alberta. I'm not sure if you have seen on the news......and it actually has been on the US news.....the devastating Forrest fires raging in the northern part this Provence. The whole city of Fort McMurray has been evacuated....87,000 people. It is just so scary. There is only one road south and for some time it was closed because of the fire! It has been a very scary and devastating time. You will have such a wonderful time in France! Lucky you! Only 2 more sleeps 🤗🤗

16 blessings'mom said...

Well that's awful, and I'm sorry. It gives a different perspective, here I was just viewing rain as an inconvenience. I pray you will get the rain!