summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

to love and to cherish...


Oh those words are easy to repeat on the alter, aren't they? Selfishness and bitterness and wanting to be right can creep in, little by little, one thought at a time...and it's easy to see HIS faults, and be so blind to my own. It's such a shame that so many marriages that are begun in hope of lifetimes of love, growing old together...end...or perhaps even linger on, dead and miserable...because of sin.

Anyway. It's not always a picnic, but I am extremely thankful to have a good marriage.

And I'm thankful for my friends too...Kim and I had too much fun shopping and making food for a Memorial Day picnic.


Six of my daughters helped prepare food...

Sonja, Kathryn, Suzanne, Emily, Evelyn, and Mirielle...two of Kim's girls helped too.

So van #1 didn't pass inspection...then #2 didn't pass...needs a new tie rod. So I drove Paul to work again this morning...so van #2 can get fixed.

We are talking about how frogs are formed from tadpoles, and now have to look them up so Davian can see...the kids are up and talking so I'm done writing for now....

1 comment:

SE said...

A few years ago we did the tadpole thing- we had found a tadpole at a cemetery lake. We let enjoyed watching it grow into an amazing frog, and then we released it back where we found it. It's an amazing thing. As a child, my cousin had those big giant containers filled with tadpoles. So awesome. Have fun with that!