summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

beauty....


The back yard...I went outside with the dogs this morning, and just soaked it in.

These two are crazy. They wrestle and fight and the house isn't big enough for them sometimes. Duke politely declines to play with them. He tolerates so much garbage from Sunny, then he does a little warning growl and snap once in a while, which Sunny totally respects. He actually hasn't had to do that in a long time, I guess, because Sunny mostly just licks his face and wags her tail and he doesn't care.


I walked four days in a row! And I am going to walk again in a few minutes, as our van has to go back up to the collision shop down the road for a few tweaks, and I am going to walk back home. I have backed off on sugar again, for the most part...I can make it through the whole day eating good nutritious food...then last night, I ate some chocolate. Not terrible much, but still. And I have a Cadbury Mint Crunch bar the girls brought me from South Africa. It's calling me, but I asked my girls last evening if they wanted any..."nah", they said. (It's beyond me how anyone could ever be so disinterested in chocolate, especially with mint crunch!). So I didn't crack into it, because then I would eat it all. So I will wait until I have some sharers.

Since Paul and a few of the older kids were gone last evening, I offered to bring home pizza for the other kids...who am I kidding, I relished the thought of not making dinner! So I picked up three Little Caesars pizzas, and an 8 pack of wings. I did not eat any pizza, but I did eat wings.

Right now I am sipping my pumpkin spice coffee...no sweetener, just pumpkin flavored coffee. I made the pot after Paul went to work and Evelyn went out the door to school...there was a cup left from the coffee they had, and shh, I poured it down the drain when the pumpkin stuff was done.

Home school kids waking up...Camille is all stuffy...she doesn't feel well..

2 comments:

Martha said...

I so wish we lived closer and could walk and soak in the beauty together.

Marilyn from Canada said...

Those labbies are funny aren't they. Mine wrestle around too especially outside. Chase each other around. Sunny has really grown! She's big already. It's so hard not to eat something really good I find. But we just keep plodding along. I can really feel these 5 lbs I gained over Christmas......I puff coming up the stairs even. Just that bit of weight makes a difference I find. We are packing for our big trip to Arizona at the moment. Our dogs are watching closely I can tel you,hoping they are included in all this 😂😂 Anyway I hope you had a good day.

Marilyn from Canada.