summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 21, 2017

sweet saturday....

Here's a random collection of thoughts from this fine Saturday afternoon...my day started way too early, thanks to our very own old man dog, Mr. Duke. He's getting rather crazy. He wakes during the night and does this little "ruff" thing...then again...more frequent, a little louder, until someone gets up and lets him outside. And for some strange reason, no one else in the family EVER hears him. He has done this several times this week...it's hard for me to go back to sleep, and when I have to get up early, by the time I'm almost back to sleep, it's time to get up.

And, Mr. Duke is having trouble getting up our deck stairs. I feel very sorry for him, and I know I have been saying this for a long time, but his days are very numbered. For his own sake, he is going over that rainbow bridge one of these days, wah.

We are having a warm day here in central New York state. It hit fifty degrees today! I went for a walk with Char and Cam, 1.7 miles.

We went down the road and saw the horses, the cows, and the alpacas.

Some of the kids are here and there, but Char and Cam are making a pulley system out the back window to the swingset. I asked what they were doing, they said, "nothing!".

Paul was out in the garden, and now is running sprints. He's going to the symphony tonight with Emily and a few friends. So maybe I will do something fun with those who are still home. "Something Fun" is a concept that was much easier when they were all little, and McDonald's playland was a blast. The carousel at the mall was Something Fun. Now Something Fun inevitably costs me a lot of money.

I talked to Samuel today! He had an interesting time at the Inauguration. He was in front of the capital building, seating people. Mostly, though, they stood at attention and watched, just to be there. He hadn't felt well, but he survived, and said he was thankful for our prayers for him. He does not like crowds, and well...that was a crowd!


2 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Boy....it did warm up didn't it? We have fog 😬 but the trees looks so pretty as they are all covered with frost.......hoar frost we call it here. Poor old Duke........it is so sad when they get old. I hope you found something fun to do with the kids and yes, as they get older it always costs money. Have a lovely day Della!

Marilyn from Canada

Kathyb1960 said...

I am gonna go back to look at the C-Span videos 2 c if I can spot him! Was he seating the dignataries? I thought abt him but did not figure he wd be there! How cool that he was!