summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, January 12, 2017

vacation! and messes and real life....

Real life: dogs poop. They SHOULD do it on the edge of the yard, in the woods. So sometimes someone has to go out in the yard and do some raking and shoveling. And, those same dogs should never ever get into the garbage. But they do. So someone has to go out and pick it up.

The car insurance estimate adjuster guy called me as I was raking this morning, said he was on his way, several hours earlier than I had expected. Now, it's not like I had to dress up for the queen, but still...I thought I would change out of Jonathan's huge boots, take off my work gloves and wash my hands.

So...vacation: we are most likely going to Florida! We have gone a few times in the last few years, but this does not diminish the absolute excitement of the whole thing! Even the car ride, as long as it is (about 20 hours), is an adventure, driving through the states, maybe stopping into Walmart in South Carolina just to hear their accents...breakfast in Georgia, the same. We like to stop for the night on the Georgia coast, the ocean there is beautiful. Paul cannot go on this trip because he has so many things going on at work right now, and we are laving when he is leaving for India.

Anyway, yay!!!

Sunshine and warm air...ahhh.

Emily and Mirielle are having a good time in South Africa. They went to the Indian Ocean...

We need to go to the library soon. Today, the twins are visiting...they are five years old now, and so adorable. They love the puppies and the cats. They wanted to go outside, but it's so muddy out there, they have played dollhouse and Star Wars and are coloring now. Miss Lydia is coming over later, and Margaret is here working.

We're bringing the minivan up to the repair shop, too. I can say this, I never get the chance to be bored.

No comments: