summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, January 9, 2017

oh it's good to be back home again....


The weekend in Connecticut was too much fun. Here was our little stop on the way home for ice cream, with our friend Page, and my nieces Audrey and Susan...the ice cream, which I know you want to know about, is made fresh at this little shop, from the cream from the cows from the dairy farm down the road. The waffle cones are also made fresh, so upon entering the shop, one is assaulted with the aroma, the quaintness...and then, how to choose a flavor? I opted for pumpkin, and vanilla, which was like a huge slice of cold pumpkin pie with whipped cream, only the whipped cream was fresh vanilla ice cream. Sounds like what dreams are made of, right?

This stop was only the cherry on top of the huge sundae that was our weekend. It's not possible for me to put into words how good and precious it is to be with my friends. We stayed with Elise and Mark, and their five little kids...and I remembered how it was to have lots of little children...they are busy but oh my goodness so sweet.

We went to a writers'/photography workshop.

I came home refreshed, and ready to take life seriously. These countless little trials aren't sent as punishment, or even to frustrate me, but so that I can get oil in my lamp. Life is meant to be good and warm and fun and hopeful, and this is indeed how it is when one gets victory over sin in each temptation.

Returning home after being gone, wow. Who went where and did what? Abigail had Char and Cam overnight both nights, she took them to the gymnastics place for open gym night, took them to the thrift store and actually let them buy high heels, let them make breakfast...

Paul and Jonathan went ice fishing...

I was really hoping the filleting and cooking would take place while I was still gone, but Paul was doing that last evening after I got home. I am not a fan of fish, but he cooked some up and it didn't stink up the house. He said it was really good, and brave Sonja K. agreed with him.

One of the fun things about traveling is looking at nice houses. In Connecticut, the lovely homes are white, big, old, and have red doors, and candles in all the windows.

And now...it's time for school!

No comments: