summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 3, 2020

a crispy lovely autumn day for visiting and for crafting and for making pie....

This is the road to my son's house. It's still like a dream come true that he lives ten minutes away. When he was in the Army, then stayed in Washington state, he was gone for seven years. When he moved back with his wife and little Anya, they got an apartment for a year not too far from here, but when this house came up for sale, the huge country house he bought, I was thrilled! I went there for brekky this fine morning, had my first cup of coffee with two sweet granddaughters snuggling me, Miss Anya and Miss Elise. I brought some bacon, and Ashley made eggs...from their very own chickens. Mine was a double-yolker!
I made a little wreath...just because.
Have you ever tried pumpkin ale? It is SO GOOD. I am not really a drink-y person, but sometimes I like half a beer, or a glass of wine. More and more I find that alcohol doesn't agree with me, so I keep it to a minimum. I also don't believe that alcohol blends AT ALL with being with small children, aside from like...half a beer, or a glass of wine...but tipsiness and being around kids, nope. Anyway, this beer...you wet the rim of the glass, then dip it into sugar with cinnamon, and yeah, I don't really eat sugar either, but this is divine...makes sipping the beer an extremely autumn-y event.
This was back in the spring, when the leaves were new, and the lockdown was real, and we decided to open a yummy bottle of wine out on the deck...just because.
Keto no bake pumpkin cheesecake pie, just made this. I made a crust with melted butter and some almond flour, then added some very dark chocolate that I had put in the food processor, so it was like a powder. Then a bit more dark chocolate melted and swirled on top. I can guess that it's going to be yummy, because YEAH, I did lick off the spoon! Tonight, I am going to my sister's house! She's having some ladies over, and I'm bringing that cheesecake. Emily's making a charturie board, and I know I didn't spell that correctly. Let me look it up: it's "charcuterie". Close. Somehow my spell check is turned off. I swept and mopped the floors, did some dishes, a few loads of laundry, shined up the appliances, and washed some windows today. In it all, I've been praying for the president and the first lady, and whatever staff members who have been stricken with this awful virus. Whether you agree with his policies or his personality or not, it's only right to be respectful. Even our governor sent well wishes, promises of prayers, and some special treats from New York state. It's very classy of him. I've seen some ugly things, one article in a midwestern paper likening this day to a joyful, gleeful day, because yay, the president is sick. Seriously? It hurts my heart when people are so cold and harsh.
These two, they love going bye-bye. Yesterday we took them with us to town. I had promised the girls ice cream after school, soft serve pumpkin. The dogs heard some key words, like "going", and "treat", and started to get ready to leave with us, and you know how sometimes you just can't break hearts? They hopped in the back (they usually only go in Paul's truck, it's broken in and has it's share of dog fur in it)...they stayed in back wagging and panting and smiling, until we got out to get the ice cream, and voila! Sunny was in the driver's seat, with Suri in the back seat, making her way up front too! They got fur everywhere, but the seats are leather...now they have some doggie claw scratches...ugh. And shh, yes, I got an ice cream. One cannot always behave, right?
Baby Ophelia, isn't she lovely? She is such a sweet little squish.
Sonja Kathleen and Evelyn Joy, on a nice weekend away with a few girls... Miss Char and Miss Camille are also away, on an overnight with a few friends. Jonathan and Paul are out bow hunting right now, so shh, it's quiet in here! And guess what? I don't mind at all!

No comments: