summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

somebody stop me!!!

So this is the "before" pic, that I remembered to take after I started sanding. Yes, I sanded it down right in our room, sawdust flying, vacuum cleaner handy. To be fair, I only lightly sanded it, then used some good primer, two coats. This morning, the first coat of chalk paint, white because...it's what I have, and I'm not feeling adventurous. Evelyn stopped in just now, and when I showed her the progress, she suggested I paint the top black. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that one. I am going to spray paint the handles, but it's raining out today. Even if it doesn't come out perfect, it'll be nicer than it was, we bought it for twenty bucks, sight unseen, answered a little ad for Dresser For Sale in the local paper, way back when...back when we lived in our first mobile home, I think. We had a water bed, because Paul bought it in college. We had couches and end tables because I bought them when I was a senior in high school, on a weekly plan, with my babysitting money. Oh dear, I've always been old! Anyway. Molly came over with little Ophelia and the kindergarten Miss Lydia Eleanor yesterday afternoon.
I went on my walk this morning before the rain started, well, I got pelted as I walked back up the driveway. I need to go do a second coat of chalk paint, so I can think about waxing it up and getting finished. I like to start projects, but oh boy do I like to finish them! Then I start looking around...the tall dresser, Paul's, needs something, but I don't like it at all, it's so old and big, and takes up too much room...I'd rather find something smaller, then paint it to match. Today, I have to bring Miss Camille to the dentist, then we're going to Aldi to stock up on our meal plan list. And now, another coat of paint...bye!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Be still my beating heart!! Those children are gorgeous........look at the baby’s chubby cheeks and arms!! Beautiful children 💓 The dresser will look fabulous Della!! You put me to shame, but once I decide to start there will be no stopping till it’s done. We are having such a gorgeous fall I want to wait. Winter will be long this year as we are not going to Arizona 😔😔 so will need something to do. You have a wonderful, productive day!!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Joybells said...

I agree with Marilyn! Look at those precious children! And Lydia is in kindergarten, same as my youngest. It's a special growing-up year. ❤️❤️