summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

paint on my hands...

I forgot the "before" pic, again! We have sliding doors on our bedroom closet, stained hollow core wood. We built our house in 1991, moved in April of 1992. We built big, but cheap. You know, doors by the dozen. Our house is a big rectangle, not much character, but it has more than suited us. When we bought the land, it was like a dream come true. We lived in a mobile home (on a beautiful lot with lots of trees, and a nice playground/swingset), in a small town...it was very nice, we bought the mobile home brand new, it was spiffy. It had three bedrooms, and we fit there fine. We started building when Joseph, our #5, was a newborn, and moved in when he was almost a year old. The house was so big compared to our trailer, I would lie in bed at night and wonder how I woul fill all those rooms and closets. Well, ha. Eight bedrooms. Three bathrooms. A laundry room, a utility room. I cannot complain. Anyway. I decided to paint the closet doors in my room the same Urbane Bronze as the laundry room door. I've got them primed, now just have to paint them. Small, doable project, but so fun. The emergency brake is stuck on my new car. The brake itself isn't stuck, but the warning system came on and won't stop beeping. It has to go into the dealer to get fixed. It's covered by warranty, but oh my goodness, never a dull one. We had some really good stir-fry for dinner last night. Chicken sizzled up in olive oil in frying pans, some spaghetti for those kids who love it with General Tso's on it, cauliflower rice for me, all sauteed in butter, stir-fried veggies, and some spring rolls that we bought frozen and put in the oven. Dinner tonight: I think spaghetti, because I have a spaghetti squash, and some fresh ground beef for meatballs. It's rainy and gloomy and I love it. Sonja is at college today, and Charlotte Claire and Camille are in school. It's too quiet, but shh, I don't really mind!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Pictures, missy, pictures. LOLOL--

I hope you get the car fixed sooner than later. We just had our inspection done. Wishing a great day friend, and I want land/farm so badly. smiles