summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

well that turned out...not too shabby...

This is when we first started painting the room. See those closet doors?
(This is Jonathan's closet, just for reference, the doors are the same)
And, after! I like them so much better!
Autumn is so lovely, even when it's rainy and chilly. Part if it's beauty is that we know how fleeting it is, the starkness will be here...the bare trees, with their dismal forebodings.
They haven't all peaked yet, hopefully the wind won't take them before they're brilliant.
See how I'm behaving myself and posting only pics from home, because I'm quarantinging?
These days we live in can be tedious, boring, stressful, uncertain, scary, or downright terrifying. I am personally more afraid of the strict government controls than of the virus itself. I do not like rules, laws, mandates. But then again, I know for certain that not a sparrow falls to the ground without Him knowing, and that the very hairs of our heads are numbered. All of these things are happening for a reason, and we need to wake up and use our time wisely. We can wish it all away, and not learn a thing, what a waste.
Isn't this cute? Walmart, $12. And no, I didn't get a red cent for saying so. I just finished vacuuming and mopping the floors. Yesterday afternoon, we had Lydia here for a bit. Homemade meatballs, sauce and pasta, spaghetti squash for some of us, mmm. Lydia loves spaghetti. She also likes when Grandma reads to her, and to play with all the little toys I still have. Sonja is off to college, and the kids are doing school work. I'm taking a break, ha.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful...I love the paint colors! Don't even get me going on this situation here in NY. Yes, Halloween is cancelled here in Hornell. I'm done with all of it, it was originally for what 15 days? It has stretched nearly 8 months. ENOUGH.

grtlyblesd said...

Your leaves are gorgeous! Autumn is so beautiful.