summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

falling for autumn....

White pumpkins, who knew?
Took a little drive this morning, what beauty. Then, a bit of coffee, and a walk...
...right down the road...
My kids are all gone, school today, in-person. That's like one of our new words, "in-person", and I always think "impersonate", like we're copying normal. Speaking of normal, how about "new normal"? Or "mandate". Anyway, I got off my lazy rear end and went for my walk.
Today, the rest of the deck lumber is supposed to be delivered. I know, you don't believe me, because I've said it so many times. How do you think I feel, ha. I was going to make some plans today, but I had better stay here, they said either today or tomorrow. Well, I got some new lampshades for the new lamps for our new room, now I just have to find some used end tables/side tables to refinish. There are some on marketplace for cheap, but I'm not sure I love them. After I bought my coffee table, I saw one I loved, for half the price. Watching stuff on marketplace is like waiting to pull out into traffic...you wait and wait and dang, you should have gone, but you didn't, then wham, you pull out when you probably shouldn't. You watch things come up, they look nice, but you don't move on them and they're gone, so one day you see something, and you jump the gun, voila, it's yours, and well, is it really what you wanted? After I get my tables, I should just stay off marketplace, and just be thankful for what i have, right? I am thankful today, thankful that God hears my prayers. I woke up and had it on my heart to pray for more patience, and wouldn't you know, within ten minutes I had noticed at least ten times how impatient I am? Sometimes we just don't see ourselves at all, and our friends and family have to suffer because of our own impatience or snappiness. But God is so faithful, when we ask, we receive, and now I have something to work on today! Our president is doing better too, I sincerely hope. I've been praying for him! Whatever you believe, and whomever you support, praying for our leadership is wise! I absolutely don't love everything about President Trump, but I do value freedom and I think he is fantastic for our economy. I favor lower taxes, also. Also, he is a person, with a son, a family, a wife, how on earth can anyone gloat or rejoice in his sufferings? Oh well, have a really really good day!!!!

3 comments:

Rose S. said...

I love your pictures of your fall. Looks like ours! One can never get sick of seeing that view! I live in the Berkshires, I'm not sure if you've ever been near here, near Tanglewood? Think James Taylor on the 4th of July , ever year! And many other artists. Jacobs Pillow and many other tourists destinations. Oh and the Prime Outlets! So we have beauty all around us. And yes, the Leaf Peepers will be coming soon because we were named in the safe zone of covid! Our Gov. Baker invites everyone to come to the Berkshires where we have minimal covid, until they come and bring it to us! ha!! So tired of it, but I have no right saying that because no one here has been affected by its ugly head! So I digress....

Anyway, I love Marketplace! I am on the look out for a new dining room table! I have the high top one and its so pretty but its sooo uncomfortable. We'll see what is out there.

For today I'm asking if you can ask God for a favor for me. Because I keep asking and I'm not sure he is listening to me lately . Maybe I have to much anger for my sons ex and can't see straight, I don't know. But anyway, all he needs is a break. for this woman to stop doing what she does. He just needs a break for him and his kids. Once. Thats it. Not asking for money or anything like that, just a simple break for one week. I hope and pray every day that he finds happiness and love and that his ex will stop being ridiculous.

Thanks in advance! :)
Rose

16 blessings'mom said...

Rose, I will pray for your son! It's so hard when the kids grow up, and you still of course love them with all of your heart, and they have such difficulties. I will pray for him. I've never been , but have been to Boston. I'll bet it's beautiful though! And I'll have to add it to my bucket list! My daughters went to Maine this past summer, hiking, and their pics were so lovely. I know you'll find just the right table on Marketplace, but after you buy it, you'll find one you like better, ha.

Michelle said...

I love your beautiful fall pictures! I know it means winter is coming, but I’m in Florida and I still miss fall (and sometimes I even miss winter, ha ha!).