summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 9, 2020

getting ready....

Today, I have to get ready to go to Florida. I'm only bringing a backpack and a carry-on, which is not easy, considering that just one of my "fat-lady" bathing suits takes up half the room.
I went on my walk this morning, six days in a row!
The final delivery of deck lumber for the pool arrived this week, Adrian worked on it a bit yesterday. We need more screws, and some step stringers. So off to Lowe's I go...
I went outside and kept an eye on little Wulf while his dad worked on the deck. His mama was in the house taking care of baby Tennyson...I also picked what's probably the last of the garden harvest. We had the perfect amount of tomatoes and peppers, just enough to keep us from having to buy any for a few months. We had taco salad for dinner last night, and garden tomatoes and green peppers, yum.
I did get some baby time!
Like my new lamp? I bought two of them, one for Paul too. The lamps are from Walmart, $6.97, the shades from Target, ten bucks each. I am in the market for two matching nightstands that I can refinish, but it's not a hurry. This bench works fine for now, and Paul has a cube thing that works, although it doesn't look great.
Yeah, these signs are overused and kind of silly, but this one just describes our house...and it was a decent price:)
Oh what a lovely morning... So yes, I have to get ready for Florida, and also get ready to quarantine afterward, somewhat. I need to have enough project supplies. Sonja or Paul can grocery shop...I am going on a small wine tour tomorrow afternoon with four of my daughters. So I sort of need to pack soon, as we are flying out on Sunday. The forecast for the island we are staying on: sunshine and warmth, in the eighties!

2 comments:

Linda said...

WAIT, You forgot someone, LOLOLOL...(((ME)))---Have fun my friend. My husband and son are heading down to Georgia soon to help my husbands brother move---they are all afraid of having to quarantine...and if they have to, I will have to quarantine too.

Anonymous said...

I got one bedside table at TJMaxx, then hope to find another that coordinates for hubby. Love the sign! I saw one that said Go Tell It On The Mountain at Walmart the other day, and it made me smile. I may go back for it. Have fun in FL!