summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 19, 2020

projects upon projects....and I always forget the "before" pic!

We have a laundry room off of our kitchen, and the door was painted a blue-ish gray which clashed with the kitchen and living room paint colors...it was sort of in between them. It was a little sample jar I had gotten for three dollars. It didn't look so bad when the kitchen was yellow, looked better than the original cheap wood grain. You know those hollow-core basic doors. We built our house on a budget. Anyway, I decided to order some Sherwin-Williams Urbane Bronze, because it's the 2021 color of the year, and no, I do not get a penny to say that I like their paint. (I had to buy primer, usually just get a quart at Walmart, but they had 40% off at SW, so I added a quart of the bronze...) And, I painted the laundry room door yesterday without getting that "before" pic. I removed the handle, spray painted it black, painted the door two coats, put the handle back on, and wow. I like it!
Yesterday was a quiet, at home day for me. The girls went out to brunch at their friends' place, and were gone for half the day. I put chuck roast, potatoes, and carrots in the crock pot, and then made a keto pumpkin cake with buttered pecans on top, mmmm. Then, I started looking for a project, and ended up painting the door. I also got out the white enamel and touched up the window and door trim. It's a rainy chilly cozy day today. The trees are lovely!
We did have a few extra over for dinner last evening, Evelyn isn't in the pic.
The house isn't always picture perfect, but these evenings are priceless. Baby Tennyson is so sweet, and Jonathan was on the floor playing with Wulf with his Hess truck collection. My next project, I think, unless I get side-tracked, is our master bathroom. It's tiny, so it'll be easy, right? The old oak vanity shall be painted with the Urbane Bronze, because I like it and I already have it. I'll paint the ceiling, and walls with the paint from my room. So a new faucet and a mirror, and some shelves are on the Home Depot list. I could spray paint the cabinet hardware, or get something cool, depends how much it costs. (I do like spray painting things!)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Great photos. Thanks for the many smiles, Della.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! All your painting looks so lovely. It’s going to be like a new house!! Everyone looks nice and relaxed there and baby Tennyson is in what I always call the ‘koala sit’ That’s how a baby koala cuddles up to its momma 🐨.........aaaaaawwwwwww so cute 🥰 Have a wonderful day.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Hena Tayeb said...

The door looks great..

Susan said...

I really enjoy seeing your projects Della. Love the bronze color!