summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

did I actually forget to blog?

I didn't forget to vote though! I almost failed the test though, filling in the little bubbles, didn't fill one in all the way, and my ballot slid right back out, beep beep beep. No, everyone, do NOT look over here at the lady who made the voting machine reject a ballot! I fixed it right up, slid it back in, and yay, I voted! It's crazy, because I'm always doing something like that, and it makes me not want to do things. Last time I voted, I inserted the paper the wrong way. Home, so cozy and cuddly, but, I didn't sit around being cozy today. I painted the ceiling in our bathroom. That sounds simlple, but can YOU stand on a chair in the shower without killing yourself? Well, I did not die, obviously, but there was a minute when I realized it was easier to get up on that chair than to get down, with the soap dish on the ledge, and the shower maybe being slippery, and a cup of paint in one hand and a paintbrush in the other... I sorted through drawers and threw things away, the bathroom is all clean, ready for tomorrow: painting. So I threw away some travel sized shampoos and lotions, old bobby pins, stray tampons and pads, and...would you believe: instructions for a pregnancy test? I haven't taken one of those in YEARS. Our last pregnancy was 9 years ago, which sadly we lost after seeing that little heartbeat... Anyway. I sorted through clothes too, you wouldn't believe how many clothes I have, yet I wear the same things all the time. Dinner tonight: burgers! Do I feel like cooking? Of course not!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The line to early vote here on Long Island has been over a mile long every day! 4 hours!
Cooking for me is a necessary evil....all that work just to be eaten in 5 minute lol.

Mert said...

I hate having to put my ballot through the machine, with everyone watching me. I didn’t realize they could get rejected- so now I have something else to worry about! 😀

16 blessings'mom said...

Four hours in line to vote? Move to central NY state! We didn't even HAVE a line, went to one of three places for early voting in Cayuga County. We have plenty of room around here, no traffic, unless you get stuck behind a tractor, a Department of Motor Vehicles in a small city with no lines or short lines....good schools, too! Cooking...sometimes I like it, but sometimes I'm like, "Wait, I already did this yesterday, I have to do it AGAIN TODAY?!"
Mert, ha, something else to worry about! I am so absolutely un-mechanical, if there's a wrong way to do something, I'll do it! If I didn't memorize "lefty loose-y, rights-y tights-y, I couldn't function with a screwdriver. But that feeling to have voted, it's exhilarating!!!! In NY state, it probably doesn't make a difference, but still....

Linda said...

We decided not to early vote. You'll find us in line on voting day. I have to work 7-2 that day, but nonetheless, I will vote. Your coming here to sort through things, right? Oh wait, Steuben is in Covid yellow, no go...you might be stopped, sigh.