summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 18, 2020

what can be sweeter than home sweet home?

Off we went...headed home from Florida. The airlines are in shambles right now, our flights were changed around, canceled, re-instated, then delayed. We were supposed to layover in Boston, but with the delay on the first flight, we would have been stuck there, too late in the evening for any departing flights from there. We made a split second decision to fly into Hartford Connecticut instead, because it's closer to home...Abigail came to the rescue, drove all the way there on a Friday after work, and picked us up. Home...at almost 2:30 a.m., but ahhh, my own bed!!!!
Auntie Camille, my own baby, with Margaret and Adrian's little Tennyson Paul. Isn't he so sweet?
Miss Anya Jade turned seven years old!
Darling little Elise, almost three! Anyway, I'm home. I have a project list, which includes catching my bathroom up with my bedroom: ceiling and wall paint, which I already have. I want to paint the vanity, I have primer and paint. I want to replace the ugly medicine cabinet with a mirror, which I do not have yet. We need a few towel racks, and some cute little shelves for the wall, and a new faucet. We REALLY need a whole new sink and vanity, but, define "need", right? I bought a quart of Sherwin Williams "color of the year 2021" paint, urbane bronze, just because. Now I'm itching to paint something...hmm, ,laundry room door? Paul is replacing the broiler element in the oven. I have two chuck roasts, some potatoes, and carrots in the crockpot. I LOVE when I know what dinner will be, bonus when it's already started!!!!! Maybe I'll bake a pie or something when the oven gets put back together...

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Welcome home! Is there a much better feeling than sinking into your own bed after traveling? Ok. Maybe holding a newborn, but you get the idea, right?? Hope you got your pie made. I made some apple spice bread this morning!

16 blessings'mom said...

Holding the newborn is pretty nice too! Apple spice bread, mmmm. I ended up making a keto pumpkin bread with almond and coconut flours, with buttered pecans on top. It was pretty good, served with unsweetened whipped cream!