summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 14, 2007

cool fall sunday

Nice weather we're having! Today was partly cloudy, cool but not cold, breezy, wonderful. Most of us went to the meeting (church), and were encouraged to take the situations from
God, and be cleansed from sin instead of just reacting... Afterward, some of the older kids stayed for a band practice...I brought the little ones home, and we had a delightful lunch: Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and I. Daddy had to run to the hardware store for something... So we had our PBJs and PBfluffs and peaches and chex mix, and iced tea. And fun and fellowship and fooling around a little. Jon loves to spread his own peanutbutter. Oh, and we had cookies, too. Then they went outside for a while, and Charlotte Claire had a nap, and I read the paper...Then laundry clean up sweep pickup wash counters etc...then dinner for 16!! We had pasta, meatballs, cantaloupe, acorn squash, and butternut squash, freshly baked and mashed with butter. Yum..Em, Mariel, Margaret, and I sat at the table until that squash was GONE! Then kitchen clean up, Joe swept, Mariel d.washer, Molly and Aaron pans, three girls doing the scraping, clearing, and washing the tables....no leftovers! Showers for 5 little ones, bath for Charlotte Claire, haircuts for daddy and Jon....I got clothes out for tomorrow for 4 little girls....I haven't made their lunches yet....I am too tired. I'll put it off 'til morning, and be sorry I did....Anyway, after stories and prayers, the four youngest except C.C. were tucked in. Jon hopped around the room causing trouble, then they all went to sleep. Charlotte Claire got to stay up 'til after ten because of her long nap.....She is so CUTE! 17 months old, seems like a little person now. And she goes to bed so cheerfully! She actually likes going to bed. So do I. I have between 19 and 22 days to go before I have this baby, because I'm being induced about a week early.... I just am so excited!!!

No comments: