summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 5, 2007

sewing machine day

Yes, today is the big day! I am going to meet my new sewing machine. I'm buying it from someone who refurbishes them. She has a whole classroom full of Singers...it seems like a nice model, for about 1/3 of the regular selling price. Part of having a new baby for me is to sew some little quilts, as well as recover the car-seat.

It is just so nice out, day after day. High eighties for October 5? Sunny and dry, day after day. I just wilt in this heat. I'm probably the only one rooting for cool, rainy, fall weather here in the good ol' Northeast.... Our van's air conditioning doesn't work anymore, either.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. I want to be humble when dealing with the kids, so a blessing will be over us. These kids belong to heaven, what a responsibility! I need to be on the cross at all times, so that goodness, patience, and mercy can reign. God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. With this in mind, I will have a happy day.

Oh Gramma and Grampa, I miss you guys so much! This will be the first baby I will have without you to experience it with me. When Charlotte Claire was born, I was down visiting you guys the day before I was induced, and back again in a few days for you to meet her. Gramma, having you hold the newborn was such a sepcial part of the whole thing. You always said they got prettier than the one before....

No comments: