summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 4, 2007

a day of many blessings

Well, the dreaded throw-up bug has been visiting us. Five out of fifteen have had it: who will be next? The suspense!! I got the dreaded phone call from the school nurse the other day, and had to pack up the little ones and pick up Margaret....But today, I am blessed. Sam (headache), Kathryn (doesn't feel well?), Evelyn (recovering from the bona-fide bug), Suzanne (doesn't feel well), and Sonja (wouldn't go to kindergarten on the bus without her sisters), join Jon and Charlotte Claire at home. So instead of two lonely kids, we have a happy houseful. Waffleblock roads and buildings, with duplos and matchboxes cover the living room floor.
I finally got my baby clothes out!! I hate to say this, but I have tons. 3 huge loads of laundry. I washed all the boys stuff, and girls, to about 3 months size. Some don't look so great, but enough look excellent. I still have some sleepers from Emily, the oldest (22), and the blue one Ben wore, he's almost 19. I have a sweater and cap all the girls have worn home from the hospital, and another all the boys have worn. They are still beautiful.

I am going to the doctor this afternoon for what I hope is an uneventful visit. The office didn't call about the 3 hour glucose test, so I am assuming I passed it. I feel like I can't possibly wait 4-5 more weeks to have this baby, yet I'm not ready. I'm going to buy a sewing machine tomorrow! I am going to make a sweet carseat cover, with a snap-on boot for the cold....These days, especially with a winter baby, the car seat gets so much use. It snaps out of the van, into the cart, baby stays bundled and warm....So, it HAS to be cute. I think all babies should be like a first baby. I certainly love each one more than the last, it that's possible.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Ok..I'm mommy to 9. May I ask...cause I still havent figured it out...how do you handle all the chaos with each new baby...my copeing strategy....go with the flow with blinders on:):)...do you have a better one?