summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 28, 2008

2 hour delay

This is the view from our deck this morning, a snowy barn across the street.
This is Suzanne Eleanor jumping on the bouncer in the living room. She makes it look fun!
Yeah, the kids have a two hour delay this morning. I sure wish they had come in and told me before I hauled out of bed...once I got up and dressed, and came out here, I thought about how hard it was to get up, and decided not to go through that again this morning. So, here we are.
I had a really bad dream last night. Probably in part due to the writing of one Mr. Stephen King, which I recently indulged in....Anyway, I dreamt(is that word right?) that I was being hounded by demon-things, and protected myself by repeatedly speaking the name of Jesus, which kept them back. Then I saw a door with a light coming from underneath, and headed toward it. I opened it and screamed like heck, for there was a HUGE demon-thing reaching for me. I simultaneously stabbed it with a plastic fork, while yelling for it to be gone in the name of Jesus. It laughed and said that that wouldn't work with it.....I was terrified for a few seconds, then realized it was LYING! At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow. I wasn't afraid anymore, then woke up. Hmmm.....how can any trial be too difficult?
Last night I did a really stupid thing. I looked at the Duggar Family web site. I certainly wish them no ill will, but boy did I find the big green monster in me!!! Oh man, that house is huge! I think it would be funny to put a picture of my laundry room next to one of theirs....4 washers and 4 dryers....2 ovens, a commercial kitchen a drink machine, an indoor climbing wall? Wow. If I lived there, I couldn't imagine having any trials at all!! Not true, I know, but...wow, anyway. One thing I would like here is more room for the kids to run around in the winter. I did buy them a mini-trampoline, that was labeled, NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN. I also let them dance wildly to that awful High School Musical music....and Jon and Charlotte Claire go back and forth across the kitchen floor on their ride-ons....which is really LOUD. Lately, they have been going out to jump on the big trampoline, with weather in the high 40's, they're all set. Now we have snow again. They are currently bugging me to stay home today. I think not.


No comments: