summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 30, 2008

kathryn's birthday again

Kathryn turned 10 a few weeks ago, and we celebrated it quietly (ha) here at home. She wanted to have a few friends to do something special with, so today we did it on the fly, our best mode of operation. She had two girls over, and they played on the trampoline and painted their toenails. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in lieu of a birthday cake. I made up some quick prizebags with the after-easter clearance candy from my bedroom closet, in little purses that were 75% off at Target....the only thing is that she wanted her two cousins over, and they were busy today. So, we promised her she could have them over some other time, and her big sister would make a cake. 3 birthdays for Kap....

Charlotte Claire is a brat. She just said "cookie", so Molly went and gave her a piece of cookie. She obviously didn't want just a piece of cookie, because she went straight over and threw it in the trash, and squealed for the rest of the cookie. She is 22 months old, and is saying more and more each day. It's a riot when she remembers an event. She gets this look on her face....

Camille is in bed for the night. Charlotte Claire is still up. She is trying on Sonja's new shoes.

Movie review: I liked "Dan In Real Life". Steve Carell is helpless, hopeless, foolish, likeable, pitiful, and only slightly obnoxious. It was a typical romantic comedy, but enjoyable. We love watching "The Office", but only on DVD...we rent one and watch several episodes in a row.....this way, we don't watch commercials....

Goodnight, Charlotte Claire! She just approached Emily and started saying night-night, over and over again. She had the bottle that I had ready for her, and was all set to go! She actually likes going to bed.

Well, just Paul and I, and 4 of the older kids are up....pretty quiet. Ben is at work, he got a job delivering pizzas in a small city 12 miles away. He's supposed to be working 37 hours a week, going to school full time, and working at the college 7-10 hrs. a week. Hmmm.

I'm trying to get Paul interested in going away for a weekend soon. Last time we went away was a year ago January. Time alone together is rare. A good marriage takes work, even if you love each other. I still like him, and have fun with him. There has to be somewhat of a battle in the thoughts, not to blame each other for things. I overlook some things that bug me, and I know he puts up with alot from me, too.

No comments: