summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

another snow day

I tried to talk myself into getting my rear out of bed this morning, it was very hard. I finally dragged it out, and checked the tv, just in case, and sure enough: snow day! Those darn kids checked and went back to bed.....I didn't have to get up! I climbed back in bed, thinking if I was a good effecient mom, I would tackle the dishwasher and get a load of laundy going.....but I'm not a good effecient mom, so back in bed I got.

Today I accomplished something: I packed up all Camille's sweet little outgrown clothes. And also got out some bigger things that Charlotte Claire outgrew. And, I bribed Mariel and Molly to clean up Charlotte 's room. And not an ordinary room. No, the toy storage room. And extra comforter and blanket storage room. So, it took them a few hours to get it done. We have too many toys.....and if Jon sees one being thrown out, whoa! I told the girls to be sneaky with the junky stuff, we don't want Jon to be traumatized....

Camille's so cute. She is just so smiley and silly. She does blurt alot. That means spitup. Jon found a nookie (pacifier) somewhere, and he looks like a doof with it in his mouth. He says that the calender is 42. Whatever...he has the concept of numbers and days, but not quite.

I have to go make some dinner. It's almost 5 o'clock, and I have no idea what to feed 17 people. Last night, we had 8 cans of tomato soup, and 16 grilled ham and cheese sandwiches....and some leftover potatoes and roast, miraculously left over from the night before. Of course, we did cook two large roasts. I am thinking of taking the most of the kids to a hotel for one night, a mini vacation ....it includes dinner and breakfast.......

No comments: