summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 27, 2008

thursday morning

I haven't written in a few days, because nothing new has happened. But life has gone on....Charlotte Claire has been pooping during nap or in the morning, then taking her diaper off....nice welcome when I go in to get her up....I tell her no, not nice, but then she gets a nice bath.....so yesterday morning, I went in to get her, full of dread, and she had her diaper on!! I praised her to the skies, and told her how nice that was....then nap time.....oh well!

On Tuesday, I went shopping. Abigail has vacation from college, so I had help. We went to Real Deals, Big Lots, where I like to buy snacks. Real Deals is a dollar store, and often has some great deals....and Big Lots has a 50% off table...and is cheap to begin with....then we went to Wal-Mart. I got matching shirts for Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Charlotte Claire for $2.00! I price-matched some chicken, but ran out of steam and didn't bother with any other price-matching. By the time we were leaving the store, Jon was melting down. I had got some popcorn chicken, and he wanted to carry it. I may as well rip up my money and throw it in the wind...I didn't tell him that, I just gently told him no, he could have it in the van....he whined louder and louder. Then when the cashier was scanning it, he reached for it. She asked me if he could have it, and I said I would take it. Boy, he lost it. He was just so upset. All the old people were concerned, asking him what was wrong as we left the store.....but sometimes, kids just can't have their own way. I just have to be patient at times like that, and not give in either, because that just confused him. He does get tired, too, after all that shopping. I try to make it good for the kids when I drag them around like that. An orange juice from the dollar store, a mini-bag of fritos from Big Lots.....it's hard not to spoil them, to try to bribe them to be good. Well, off for now. Joe needs to go to the dr. this morning, he had some problems with losing vision in one eye....so I'll get these four girls on the bus, and wake up Camille, and Ab will stay with Jon and Charlotte Claire...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad to hear that you stuck to your guns in the checkout. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it really is important for your children to know that you mean what you say, even when it's less than convenient. It's nice to try to give them a treat once in a while, too. You sound like a really thoughtful mom!