summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 27, 2012

saturday night...

Well...lots of things made me happy today...

1. Went wedding dress shopping with my newly engaged niece Janet...my sister's daughter. Let me just say she is a princess through and through...she looked lovely and gorgeous in everything she tried on. It was great fun.

2. Went on my walk, a nice fast one, in the rain/mist. I loved it.

3. Ate apple oatmeal this morning. Two small bruised apples, peeled and diced with cinnamon...a few packets of truvia, a bit of oats, some water, microwaved...added milk, and yum! Better than apple pie!

4. Emily went on a roadtrip to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania with Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and two of the cousins...to Ikea. Just for fun.

5. Paul's brother borrowed our big van today so we had to do a quick clean up. It's always nice to have a clean van.

6. The scale was a tiny bit lower this morning than yesterday morning.

7. After three hours of wedding dress shopping, we went to Pizza Hut...my sister, her grand-daughter Grace, her twin baby grandchildren, six of her daughters, and Sonja K. This made me happy...although I knew darned well I shouldn't eat pizza...I had two slices....a Buffalo chicken, and a bacon...pan pizza. I felt horrible afterward, not used to all that pizza crust...but. Was it ever good!!!!

8. Abigail is here today. She took the little girls to the library and to the dollar store...she bought them warm mittens for Trick Or Treating, and those plastic pumpkin pails for their candy.

9. I just had the best cup of tea. Vanilla Caramel with half and half...Bigelow...I had a small handful of Ghiardelli chocolate chips with it...yum.

10. It is almost bed time. Today has been quite busy enough.

But...morning will come too soon. We have to leave the house by 6am to be at the Dome...volunteering at the concession stand for the Field Band competition.

Abigail is spending the night...she has her air mattress set up in Jon and Sonja's room. They are too excited, hope they don't wake up the little girls...

No comments: