summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

what a day!

It started out like any other day. I woke up tired because last night I had to sew Sam's American Flag patch on his new uniform shirt for his Criminal Justice class. Not a huge deal. Then Suri went out into the rainy evening to pee...came back in, ran over to my chair, and jumped right up onto the shirt with her muddy paws. I tried to sponge it off with a wet cloth and Wisk. But it didn't work. So after I finished sewing, I had to throw it in the washer...then wait up for it to be done so I could hang it to dry.

But I am not talking about last night...this morning, I got the kids out the door to school. Charlotte Claire's missing sneakers were found in the bench in the foyer, so she no tears from her. Lunches made, coats on, bus left...aah, coffee and pumpkin oats with almonds...but no sir, not for me. The phone rang...Where Are You??! ooops. It was my mother-in-law. And she was...a teeny tiny bit upset. Yes mam, I was supposed to bring them to the airport this morning. I would be at their house by 8:30 am, I had said a few weeks back when they asked me. But I am certain they had said it was Thursday. So it was not on my radar to be going anywhere this morning....

But I was going somewhere! I changed my shirt, grabbed my purse, slid on my lovely old Birkenstocks...and out the door I flew. Didn't even brush my long tangly hair. (which is why it is a good idea to carry a huge purse with a hairbrush in it). I ran over a dead skunk, which made the minivan smell lovely. I got behind the We-Care garbage truck....and believe me, they did NOT care that I was in a stinkin' hurry. It trundled along at 45...rrr. The in-laws were in the driveway when I got there....sorry! There wasn't time to drive their car to the airport, no, we had to take the minivan. Was it clean and spotless? ha.

It worked out fine. I drove fast, got them there, they didn't miss their flight. I was sorry they had such a stressful morning though...I hope the rest of their trip to their winter home is better.

I was hungry. I needed coffee. McDonalds. Large coffee for a buck. And dang it, I ordered a sausage McMuffin with no cheese. While parked in the dollar store parking lot, I discovered the McMuffin had no sausage, and lots of cheese. Yuck. But there was a bonus! A hashbrown! A free hashbrown! Never mind that I do not eat things like that anymore, I was hungry. Gobble and crunch, that thing was gone. Dollar store...caramel Cheerios, pumpkin spice bread, frozen pretzels, hair elastics, cowboy hats for Halloween for my little princesses who are going to be cowgirls...I decided after that to go back to McD's and get the right McMuffin...long story short: when I finally got the right one, the nice kid said to me, "I stuck a hashbrown in there too, we have extra and would just throw them away." I smiled and said Thank You...but I was thinking, DANG. I took one bite of it, ate the sausage out of my sandwich, crumbled up the bag and threw it into the back where my sneaky little hands couldn't reach while I drove home...

It was rather nice to go to the grocery store all alone. But I got so lonely that by the time I had my bananas and pears and yogurt and green beans and mixed veggies and chicken, I was making friends with the cashier...ha.

Sinus-y thing is bothering me today. My head aches and my face hurts. Bringing in the groceries made my head pound. I think I will not exercise today. Perhaps take a nap instead. shh, doesn't that sound way way better? It's not that I hate exercising...but.

Last night I made more of my Paleo pumpkin cookies. I have a supply of them in baggies in my freezer. Helps me when there are Bad Snacks around to have something so yummy to have instead.

Well...that nap is sounding better and better....















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have a supply of them in baggies in my freezer."

You often bag yourself for not being organised but I think this is a great example that you are...at least in that area hahaha :)
Well done and sorry for your stressful morning!

Martha said...

I hope you got your nap yesterday. I had two, thanks to that nasty headache that left my face tired and achy. I've been helping myself sleep the past few nights with Benadryl. I figure that's fair if I'm feeling so lousy.

Your day made me smile. Or maybe it was the way you wrote about, it. :)