summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 31, 2014

and, you just never know....

So...Camille broke her arm. Not terribly badly, just a small break in the upper arm, but she also hurt her elbow, separated the bones a bit....see, she fell out of a tree. Um, where was the mom, you might ask? Well, the mom was the one who insisted they go out to play. Insisted. Turn off the computer, no more video games, get outside and build a snowman. How was I supposed to know they decided to climb a tree? Cam said the branch she stepped on was, "unstable". It broke. She fell, landed on her tummy.

So....a trip to Urgent Care, on a nice Friday night. She was a good girl. I told her if it was broke I would take her to McDonalds, so when the dr. came in and explained the xray, she was pretty pleased. Yeah, Bad Mom:)

So she is all tucked in now, and phew, I am glad my hair was clean!

4 comments:

Martha said...

You are a great mom! Kids are supposed to do things like climb trees and break bones. They can't grow up healthy like if they don't encounter some bumps along the way.

She really is adorable. No wonder she's smiling. Think of how spoiled she'll be for the next few days.

:0)

Tereza said...

Oh that hair! I guess you better make sure its ALWAYS clean....with so many kids there's bound to be something goin on!!:)

Anonymous said...

Poor Sweetie!! One of the first things I thought of was "I should ask her if her hair was clean" haha, you can tell I've been reading here for ages

Anonymous said...

Lol Simone! Me too! That's the last thing I think of, but if my hair were long and full and beautiful like Della's, I bet I would think of it. :)

Holly L.