summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 21, 2014

and a happy monday it is!

Phew, what a day! It started too early, with me waking up remembering how much cleaning I had to do this fine morning...once I wake up and think about things, it's game over for sleep.

Paul had to get a physical for an insurance policy, and he thought it would be easier to have the nurse/doctor come to the house, since she offered. Um, easier for WHOM, is what I want to know. We had Easter grass and jelly beans and toys decorating the living room floor, and the kitchen floor was mopped just yesterday, but....yes, but. You know how it is. If you don't, then I hate you. Just kidding. I am just a wee bit envious. Anyway. I got up and got the princesses dressed and brushed and washed and fed with lunches all packed, then started on the house. Paul is working from home today. He couldn't figure out for the life of him why I was so concerned with cleaning up the house, "for someone you are never going to see again", he said. Well. I really don't know. I just don't like it messy anyway, so it makes sense to clean it when you know someone's coming over. BTW, if anyone was going to drop in, this morning would have been a good time. It's getting messy again already! Anyway, I took a nice long walk, then when the dr./nurse got here, I entertained the three children and two small dogs she brought with her. Or rather was entertained by them. They stayed outside and tried out all the bikes and scooters, while the dogs ran here and there. Cuteness!

I got some sun (yay!), worked out, did some dishes and laundry, which I dried in the sun. I assigned Jon some work, went over it with him, and made sure he was reading his book instead of playing games on his tablet. He got some bike riding in, and some sitting on the deck with mommy time. I made a dentist appointment for myself for first thing tomorrow morning, and I made a grocery list. Has anyone else noticed how the prices are just creeping up? I am going to three different stores to get the sale things at each place. Aldi is one of them, their produce is so cheap! It takes longer to go here and there, but it's worth it.

I am so excited by the two trips coming up!!!! Emily and I are going on an airplane! I know, I have never grown up, and it is still exciting to me to fly. I don't particularly like airport security, especially with Emily the rebel with her comments. She says things like, "Yeah, it's a good thing we are only bringing 3 ounces of shampoo so it's not dangerous!". But we shall have fun, because she also has the gift of Stopping To Smell The Roses. We will NOT get bored, and we can have those companionable silences without wondering if we said something wrong. She does NOT get stressed, no she stays calm cool and collected. We are going to see Ben and Ashley and Anya, and perhaps Pike's Market in Seattle, or Mount Ranier. We are staying in a hotel a few minutes from his house, a hotel with hot breakfast, a pool, and a hot tub. :)

Then in a few weeks, Georgia! I booked the hotel for that last night. No flying this time, it's only 17 hours to drive. Paul and I and Joseph and maybe Kathryn, and Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. The rest of the kids will be at the youth conference at church. One of Sam's friends, who grew up with him, went to school with him, who is from a family with 14 kids, from our church, called last night to get Sam's contact info....Nate is graduating from his Basic Training in Fort Benning the week before we go down there, so he will be free to visit with Sam too. I can't wait to see him, and am so glad Sam will get to spend time with him. His older brother Steve is stationed there too, and perhaps he will be free too. Anyway, I booked a hotel room that's a suite, with two queen beds and a living room with a pullout couch. Two televisions, free breakfast, cookies in the evening, indoor pool and hot tub in case of rain or bad weather. The little girls are so excited, they got ready for school speedy quick this morning so they could see pictures of it. It takes me forever and a day to choose a place, I want nice but not too expensive, and I look and look until I find something I am absolutely sure of....but I actually like it.

Anyway. I need to get up and get moving again. Some of the kids will be getting off the bus in like five minutes....



No comments: