summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

pictures from washington

Oh we had a grand time...here I am with Emily.

Here is my handsome son Benjy, outside of Winco, where we HAD to stop on the way home from the airport. :)

My granddaughter, Anya Jade.

Ben and Emily.....I loved seeing the two of them together, my oldest son and my oldest daughter.

Ben with his little girl.

Ashley with Anya.

Benjamin and I when we visited Seattle, down near the water.

This is me at the gum wall. Yes, it is covered with individual pieces of chewed gum. Why? I do not know, but it was disgustingly cool.

This is from Emily and my trip to Mount Rainier.

Emily the Tree hugger, in the forest near the base of the mountain, where it was still springtime.

Up on the mountain a bit, it was winter. We visited Old Man Winter, and it wasn't half bad, especially knowing we were leaving him behind on the mountain and going back down to springtime.

This is the next day down near Pike's Market in Seattle. Emily and I walked so many blocks, we decided to have a nice lunch outside on the water. The waitress suggested it was too chilly, but nonsense. It was sunny, we were all set.

This boat pulled in right in front of us while we ate. Way cool.

After lunch, we had to get back to the metro train. The way we came was pretty far, so we decided to pay the extra fare and find a closer train stop. It was closer, but there were stairs. I want to say hundreds, but there really weren't THAT many, it just felt like it.:) It was so pretty though.



Seeing this baby was by far the best part of the trip. She is funny and smart and sweet, plus she likes me.:)

Yes, I have a Safeway card now. I can't help it, Guy Behind Me, the cashier wouldn't give me this discounts without a card. And I couldn't put the Piece Of Cake Ice Cream away!, or heaven forbid, buy it for more because I don't have a little plastic card! No sir! So sorry you had to wait while I filled out the form for the card! I know you had only two items, you practically screamed it by the way you sighed loudly and shifted from one foot to the other like it was an actual eternity you had to wait for this lady from New York....sorry!

Ahh, so now I am home, to a nice clean house, ha ha ha. Guess what I did today? After my two hour nap that is...a well deserved nap, btw, we traveled all night, and I am not a sleeper while traveling. I cleaned the house!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awww, so glad to see pictures of your little granddaughter. She's precious!! Glad you had a fun trip~!

Susan said...

That was a great travelog! I loved the gum wall which I had never heard of. Laughing about the impatient shopper at the grocery store.
Anya is absolutely beautiful.
So glad you have a wonderful time in spite of the rough start.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Glad you have a Blessed trip.
😄Florida