summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

leaving on a jet plane...

For some reason I can't put up photos right now, but here we are at the airport in Seattle, ready to take the red-eye home. It was too fun for words, this little trip of ours. Seeing Benjamin and Ashley and that sweet little baby was so nice I am almost sorry we came here, because of how much I am going to miss them now. :)

I had a headache on the way here. I only slept for a few little naps before we left, so I took some ibuprofen. Didn't work. The headache got worse, then by the time we were at Ben's house, it was just pounding. I took more ibuprofen a few times, but it didn't help. So. They took me to the hotel. On the way, I was certain I was going to throw up in Ben's car. They stopped at the store and bought me some Excedrin migraine, then on toward the hotel. We scarcely made into the parking lot, and I was out of the car barfing my brains out. ugh. my head hurt so bad, I felt like I was dying. IT was the worse headache I ever had. Horrible. AFter some medicine, a drink, and lying still in the bed in the dark for a while, because if I even moved a finger my head would pound, I fell asleep. When I woke up, I felt better enough for a shower, and was so thankful. The upside of feeling so horrid is the wondrous feeling of getting better. I still have that slight residual headache-y feeling that follows those intense headaches, but I am so thankful for feeling better:)

We had some adventures. We went up the mountain, Mount Rainier, where it is springtime at the base, then winter halfway up. We drove to the city (Seattle) with Ben, and explored Pike's market. We bought sour dough bread and had homemade ice cream, and bought flowers for Ashley. Then today Emily and I set out on our own, to the city again. This time we drove part way, then took the metro into the city, which was an adventure all in itself. We went to Chinatown, the historic district, then down to the water and ate out on a deck overlooking the sound. We walked for miles, which Em says is an exaggeration, but I had told her that like 12 blocks was my limit, we went at least fifty. Or at least 20. And we walked up hills and up steps and down steps.

I swam each morning in the hotel pool before we did our exploring, so I didn't feel too bad about the extra things I ate while on this vacation. Have you tried whipped cream in your coffee? Well, don't. It's too good.

My granddaughter is smart. She is smart and she is cute and she loves the sound of her own voice. She loves me, she loves everyone. She squawks and laughs and drools and rolls over. I love her so.

And, my battery is running low, and I don't feel like re=locating. Our flight is boarding soon, and I have my sneakers off and my feet up on a chair....

2 comments:

Jana said...

Glad you had a good trip! I've been checking your blog to hear about it. Can't wait to see pictures! I understand about your headache. I had a migraine last night that was horrific also. Along with ibuprophen, I drink a cup of coffee (for the caffeine) and that usually always helps my headaches. I was wondering if I could email you. I have a question about possibly homeschooling my daughter. Thank you!

16 blessings'mom said...

Jana, I am probably the last person you want to ask about homeschooling, but perhaps I can help answer your question. Migraines are pretty horrid, the Excedrin migraine has caffeine in it. That was the first time ibuprofen alone didn't touch the pain for me, and it was scary. I had coffee, too. Anyway, dellaweston@yahoo.com :)