summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 4, 2014

I am just too nice....

I promised Kathryn to take her to Kohl's when a 20% off coupon came along, she has a gift card there from her nice brother Aaron, and wants new sneakers for her trip. Her trip..oh I wanna go! She is going to California! Mirielle is taking her out to Washington state to visit Benjamin for a few days, then they are flying down to California and renting a car....

Anyway, I have to leave here for the baseball game by 2:30, and my knees are already killing from working 6+ hours yesterday...but I promised Kap, and this is the only day we could fit it in...so out and about I am going, stopping at the grocery store too, since there is of course, "nothing to eat", to borrow a phrase I have been hearing. That simply means that anything they would eat would require more than ripping open a package, but whatever.

We do need more apples and bananas and some yogurt. And chicken. Can't live without the chicken.

Anyway, I can't believe those lucky daughters of mine are going on such an exciting trip. Although...guess what? I am going to Washington state too! Three weeks from today, Emily and I will be getting on a plane....we are going to visit Benjamin, too. And of course Ashley and little Anya. I am so so excited...a little bummed that Paul and I aren't going to Gettysburg, but hey, you can't do everything. And perhaps we can fit in something some other time....

So here I sit, knowing my day is going to be spent mostly on my feet, trying to store up some rest and relaxation.

I read a story this morning about a cyclist from Boston, who was 570 pounds when he decided to live his life and start riding. He has lost 240 pounds now, and is such an inspiration. His name is Ernest Gagnon. I guess the company Boombotix put an ad up, showing a small fit cyclist on one side, then Ernest on the other side, with the saying, "to be or not to be" superimposed over the two of them, with the words, "not to be" over Ernest. The picture was used without his permission. It was really insulting, so I decided to read about Ernest. He came to a point where he didn't want to care what anyone thinks of him, and do what he likes to do. And the support he gets from the other cyclists is enough to make one cry, which is why I was crying when I read it.

There is a lot out there about food and nutrition and exercise, as medicine....read, "Mark's Daily Apple", it's good stuff. I am a little bummed out this morning because as a daily weigh-er, who has been delighted to see the scale slowly inching down a little bit, stepped on it this fine morning, and gained back a pound. I know, only a pound. But I wanted to lose a pound, not gain one. See, at the ball game, when it was over, there were leftovers...I thought I was behaving, by taking a few bites of the huge fried dough, because I could have eaten the whole thing no prob. And I had only a few fries, and then a few Buffalo chicken tenders...I mean, I was hungry. After working all day with nothing since breakfast but a Balance Bar, oh dear, I was hungry. I went home and ate only a grapefruit and some peanuts for dinner. blah. I feel broken. I can never eat like a normal person....I gain weight when I so much as look at the wrong food. And I know I shouldn't have eating these things. They are not good for me. No one forced me to eat them, I smelled them all day, and when given the chance, I ignored that little voice.

So today, and tomorrow, I am working the stadium again. I will bring my apples and almonds and I will eat those instead.:)



No comments: