summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 20, 2014

easter easter easter

Seventeen baskets, all filled. Well, technically, 15, since Emily, Abigail, and Mali shared a huge bowl.

Duke is so easy going. He is just the nicest dog.

Joseph with Kitty, Suri, and Duke.

And, a retro picture....

This is when Evelyn was a little newborn, 15 years ago this summer. Look how Benjamin was holding her! He was ten years old, and the oldest of nine kids. Emily was 14, Abigail 12. Kathryn was the little toddler, Samuel didn't like having his picture taken. Oh they were fun.

Today was a glorious day! Sunshine and warmth! I had to work at the baseball stadium, but had 20 minutes outside on the deck, where I ate my breakfast and drank my coffee before dressing in my ugly blue work trousers to go to the game. I decided today though, to be thankful. Because honestly, why waste life grumbling? I would RATHER have stayed home and spent much more time in that wonderful sunshine. But life is seriously what you make of it, and I decided today to get treasures in heaven:) At the stadium, you can look out at the sunny field while you stand on the hard cement floors and wait on people. I took a 15 minute break with Abigail, it was very pleasant to sit there in the stands and watch the game and get some sun on my face.

When I got home, I brought the little girls outside and watched them ride their bikes, then Paul came out and did sprints up and down the road with the pups, and the girls on their bikes. Now the little girls have had showers and are in their pajamas. They all had pizza for dinner, and are watching, "The Princess And The Pauper", Barbie version. I am having chicken and broccoli. I did sample some candy yesterday, and want to get back on the right track today:)

Camille told me this afternoon that if she kissed me as much as she loves me, she would never stop kissing me. Can life get any better than that?

Ugh, but I have a toothache. No, not from candy. It started so randomly, in the middle of the night last Thursday. It's in a tooth that was crowned when I was expecting Camille. The whole jaw aches, it feels like I bit down hard on something and it's stuck way up deep in the gum, and the pain is unbearable sometimes. I am taking ibuprofen here and there, but am going to call the dentist in the morning. I would rather give birth with no pain meds a million times in the middle of the road than go to the dentist.

Practicing thankfulness is more challenging when there is physical pain involved. I find I want to complain every time I turn around.

Charlotte Claire is sitting on the couch eating cotton candy from her basket. blah. Sugar. I know it makes me feel awful, and would really like to wean the kids off it. It is everywhere.

The pies I made yesterday were absolutely incredible. I just made them with whole milk and pudding mix, but the crust....crushed graham crackers and butter, then I mixed in some melted chocolate chips with more butter, pressed it into the pie pans, and what yummy crust! I only had a tiny bit of each. I didn't make any bread or rolls yesterday, but when Emily and Abigail came over, they brought a loaf of Italian bread.

Oh well. Time to look for hotels for the beginning of May in Fort Benning! I cancelled the rooms I reserved for June. I cannot wait to see Samuel....!

No comments: