summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 4, 2015

happy fourth of july!!!


Memories of our time together at the camp contrast with this weekend's reality...Paul and I actually found ourselves off on our own this afternoon! We went to one of the Finger lakes and walked along the shore...it was lovely.

The kids were here and there and everywhere...four of the girls on a hike, two of the kids in Ohio, Ben and Sam back in their Washingtons, Em at the catering event, two of the girls working at the baseball game, the three youngest at their friends house for the day...Mali texted and wanted to know if anything was going on today...and no one was home!

Five daughters are home now, plus Sonja's friend. Jonathan is spending the night at Emily and Abigail and Mirielle's house.

The catering event went well. I managed to deliver two hundred cupcakes without smushing any. They looked pretty nice all spread out on the table, and I know they taste good because I baked them from scratch and used the best ingredients.

I am going out in the driveway to watch fireworks with Camille...

2 comments:

Kanadiangirl said...

You seriously baked them all from scratch??? Even the frosting? You. Are. Amazing. No wonder Paul loves you so much!

How far is Finger Lakes from you?

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh, I love baking. I love it/hate it. The commitments I hate, I guess...the wondering and worrying if they will come out all right, and be good enough for the wedding or event. I have this chocolate cupcake recipe that is so rich and chocolaty, made with the unsweetened cocoa, which is much cheaper, and easier, than melting chocolate. I have not tasted one of these cupcakes since I made them in March for my friend Kim's birthday, I just have my kids taste them for me...and I have let a few crumbs melt in my mouth...and the lemon ones: seriously yummy. Fresh squeezed lemons...heavy cream in the frosting, with lemon zest and juice and tons of butter...

I'm making myself hungry:)

Finger Lakes: there are five Finger Lakes, they run parallel to each other like the fingers on a hand, formed by glaciers...clean, clear, and cold. We are closest to Owasco, 20 minutes or so to the south. We are also 20 minutes from Lake Ontario, which is to our north. We visited Seneca Lake, which is spring fed..cold and deep and beautiful. Some of my daughters went to Cayuga Lake yesterday, and walked to Taughannock Falls, which is gorgeous. We live in a beautiful area.