summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 19, 2015

summer days, summer nights...


Here's my favorite kind of day: going in the pool three or four times with various different kids...today, I swam with Abigail, Mali, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jon, Char, Camille, and Paul. And my other favorite is grilling dinner...last night - steak, tonight - burgers. I like going barefoot in the yard, and picking raspberries and eating them right off the bush. I like late bedtimes, and early coffee on the deck, and the kids's sunkissed faces.

I like the spontaneity of summer. I like when it so hot out, the pool water barely refreshes. It hit 90 today.

Today, however, Paul and I and Kathryn had to work the baseball game, and it was too hot there. We had to wear those horrid polyester button down smocks over our clothes, and in that concession stand, it was blazing hot. Getting home and into that pool was heavenly.


Ah, summer...


The Big Van. We cleaned it out yesterday, it just has to be vacuumed...and then it is going to be for sale. Of course I was sentimental, cleaning out that big van. We had some good times, and plenty of adventures in her.

We don't exactly fit in the minivan very well, but can usually manage to bring two vehicles...the big van just got....too big. We don't need fifteen seats anymore:(


Suri and Duke. You can see his ear a little in this picture...I didn't want to take one that shows the tumor too clearly, because it's yuck. He goes in early in the morning for surgery.

I am taking the three youngest kids with me to bring him to the vet, then we are going on an adventure...I am taking them to a state park with a water park/sprinkler park in it! We have our suits all packed, and I will get a lunch together quick in the morning, we have to leave here by 7:30, to get Duke to the vet in time.

Duke...he's going to feel so much better...:)

No comments: