summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 16, 2016

a day in california....


Aaron and I...

Oh joy the beach! The Pacific ocean! There were surfers out...in January! It was 60 degrees...not swimming weather exactly, but I had to take my sneakers and socks off and walk in the water.


That's the Golden Gate Bridge!


Riley (Aaron's friend), with Aaron and Mirielle...


A streetcar...


Miss Mirielle....


Heading back from the beach...traffic, houses so close together with no yards...just different.

We went downtown this evening for dinner at a Mexican restaurant...and ate out on the patio...in January. We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we head back to New York the quick way...from the airport. It's been way too much fun.

2 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

I was stationed at the Presidio in San Francisco in 1986. We used to run PT over the Golden Gate Bridge.

Martha said...

Too bad you aren't staying long enough to visit the Jelly Belly Factory up in Fairfield. Maybe next time.
If I ever get back to San Francisco, I want to see the sights. The Grandfather was not interested in touring the city last time and so we only saw what was visible from the highway. Like Alcatraz.