summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, January 10, 2016

we are in...Iowa!



You learn so many things traveling across this huge country...we are in Iowa for instance...who knew that it was, from east to west, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, then Iowa? I couldn't have gotten that right on a test, unless I had a map in front of me, I know them by their shapes, but there are no shapes here driving across the country....we drove 800 miles today. My feet hurt. Between stove shopping and working at the basketball game yesterday, I was on them too much...then driving today...

But. I will say this: it is fun! We hit snow in Ohio, that wasn't fun. We saw cars off the road and cars smashed up, and I was gripping the steering wheel so hard my hands hurt.

We crossed the Mississippi River tonight! We couldn't see much, but still.

We're tired...and we have a long long way to go...it's 2,700 miles of a trip....so I guess that makes 1,900 to go...ugh.

2 comments:

Pamela Wade said...

Well you passed me then! I live in Iowa close to the Mississippi just about 14 miles south of I-80. Drive careful! How are you feeling? Still have the pain? I hope you are doing better! ~~Pam

Marilyn said...

That was a good day of driving. I'm glad you are having fun.......and you are learning some geography as well.......bonus!!

Marilyn from Canada